Received my replacement SE5a wing from Roden.....

Hello all, I got my new replacement wing from Roden today. It has the correct rib spacing, and is a lovely molding. It was free as well. Fits the fuse perfectly. Roden did a great recovery on this one.....the orginal lower wing in the kit had too many ribs. They listened to the WW1 modelers out there, and issued a correct wing with the exact spacing, free! Funny thing was, they got the spacing correct on their earlier released 1/72 kit! Anyway, Roden is truly a great company........!! :)

Edited by Carbine

Migrant, I heard about the wing 'problem' and the replacement offer on this great WW1 aircraft related website http://www.wwi-models.org/...I then went to Roden's website and used the general email link to contact them. I got a nice response after about a week. It simpy said my new wing as in the mail. It arrived 3 weeks later.... :)

Thanks Carbine. I should get over to the Roden site and order the new wing. Then I should go out and buy their SE5a kit (which I've heard is very nice)

Don't order the wing before you buy the kit. They replaced the wing in the newest releases of the kit, so you'll want to check the box beforehand.

Edited by mbittner

Hello Barney, when you look at your kit, compare the rib spacing on the upper and lower wings. If the spacing matches on both, you have the orginal release. The lower wing on the full scale example has fewer ribs, and the spacing between them is much wider compared to the upper. This was spotted by SE5 modelers and Roden was called to account by many. Some were not bothered by the wing error, as the rest of the model was/is so lovely. Anyway, Roden silenced all by offering a new wing to those who wanted it, and as Matt said, included it in their second release run of the kit. :cheers: