F-14B VF-11 #101 At Grissom ARB Today

Another pretty bird retired. They put on a decent show before shutting her down for good. Now I know how the Phantom Phreaks felt (feel) about 20 years ago.

Edited by mhoupt
Guest mr. tomcat

Great stuff. Thanks for posting. And, whoever made that comment about Phantom Phreaks, watch it, I resemble that remark.

Tomcats Forever,

Dave

Mark:

Great shots, and many thanks for sharing them! I couldn't make it over to the Gus unfortunately, and am glad the wx cooperated for the "show." Looks like the ATC goons allowed Clang to do a 450 KIAS pass/break...!

I was wondering if you had any trouble getting close to the action, as in, Base Ops?

Cheers,

M'Dog

Mark:

Great shots, and many thanks for sharing them! I couldn't make it over to the Gus unfortunately, and am glad the wx cooperated for the "show." Looks like the ATC goons allowed Clang to do a 450 KIAS pass/break...!

I was wondering if you had any trouble getting close to the action, as in, Base Ops?

Cheers,

M'Dog

Ah, M'Dog, I'm sorry you couldn't get out there to greet Clang. :banana: I told him to say Hi if he got to meet up with you. It sounds like you may be close enough to get out there to see the Tomcat on display. What do you think of the scheme? I'm still a little iffy on it. Maybe if I built a model of it, I'd like it more! :thumbsup:

Great pics! Anybody else think it looks a little funny to see a B model with that retro paint scheme? I kinda like it :thumbsup:.

Great Shots !!!

It looks a little more "iffy" to me with a VF-11 bird having the white underbelly, they never flew with those schmes before having adopted the Tomcat in 1980 ... I like the scheme though, lloks pretty ...

Gregg

They took the tanks off of it!!! The drop tanks had some nice artwork on them...I wish they would have left the tanks on it!! Also noticed half of the right glove pylon is gone too...wonder why they did that.

Still not too sure about the paint scheme on this one......

I don't know why they took the tanks off. I'd bet they took the LANTIRN pylon off simply because they can still use them on other aircraft, although there should be plenty out there for the remaining squadrons. The Tomcat at my musuem came in like that, also. Maybe that's a standard thing, now.

Guest mr. tomcat
They took the tanks off of it!!! The drop tanks had some nice artwork on them...I wish they would have left the tanks on it!! Also noticed half of the right glove pylon is gone too...wonder why they did that.

Still not too sure about the paint scheme on this one......

There was a problem flying out there with the tanks so they are being transported out to Grissom. Once the aircraft has gone through the SARDIP process, the tanks will be reinstalled.

Tomcats forever,

Dave

Guest mr. tomcat
Great pics!  Anybody else think it looks a little funny to see a B model with that retro paint scheme?  I kinda like it  B).

Great Shots !!!

It looks a little more "iffy" to me with a VF-11 bird having the white underbelly, they never flew with those schmes before having adopted the Tomcat in 1980 ... I like the scheme though, lloks pretty ...

Gregg

As these words are written, Two Bobs is working up the decal sheet for this VF-11 Jet.

• 3 months later...
Now I know how the Phantom Phreaks felt (feel) about 20 years ago.

SpookNTom001.jpg

Here ya go ... :cheers:

Gregg

PS Nice Pictures ...

Edited by GreyGhost