At least in this market UPN cant find their own butts with both hands and a copy of Grey's anatomy...

Up this way this season, Enterprise was up against the Sci Fi lineup, Stargate, Atlantis and Galactica. Not even close.

Yeah, Stargate has done 2 (3??) time travel episodes now and a parallel universe thing, but done it once and stopped!

I've always thought that time travel episodes, unless part of an overall story ARC (read as Babylon 5) are the crutch of weak or inimaginitive writing

Voyager was on the time travel of the week program there for a while..and Once E-prise started down that road it was all over for me.

I'll catch the last few, but won't lose too much sleep over it being gone.

Hoshi in bare midrif however, THAT I'll miss when it is gone.

yummy..

M

Who can guess what significance the evil administrator character has? You know, the guy who was most interested in the T'Pol/Tripp baby.

Give up?

It was the guy who played Gary Seven in TOS. The episode where Terri Garr made her debut.

Sorry Rusty, but you aren't watching enough! Cuz dat wuzn't da guy.

Gary Seven was played by Robert Lansing:

From tv tome

Birthday: June 5, 1928

Birth Place: San Diego, California

Birth Name: Robert Howell Brown

Date of death: October 23, 1994

Cause of death: Cancer

The evil guy on Enterprise was Peter Weller, who starred in the cult classic Buckaroo Banzai, and later in Robocop.

And aside from some glaring errors in physics (the sfx folks obviously know nothing about the Moon) I didn't mind the episode, and thought Weller's performance was pretty damn good. Suitably certifiably mad without going over the top. :taunt:

Not to keep bumping this thread to the top....but ironically enough, I jsut saw an old episode of "The Twilight Zone" with Lansing as the main character.

Did you also take notice that the female lead in the aforementioned Twilight Zone episode was Mariette Hartley, who also portrayed Zarabeth in on of the few notable third season episodes if ST:TOS, "All Our Yesterdays" ? Quite an attractive young woman, there.

Two questons concerning "In A Mirror, Darkly", was the Peter Weller charactor the same as in the recent two-parter, albiet as a "mirror image"?

And the wife and I were both confused as to why the "real" Jonathan Archer kept appearing and talking to the "mirror" Archer. It was not a plot point, and nothing was done to continue this later in the episode. In short, there was no practical reason for this device, merely to have fans say, "hey-look at that".

To sum up, however, we both enjoyed episode. It represents what "Enterprise" should have been-thought provoking with enough (not too much) action to keep up the interest. We also agree that it sets the scenario for a THIRD universe-bringing back technolgy from 100 years in the future definately would have made an impact that would have been hightly visible in the previously seen "mirror" episodes. Just some ruminations, after all, it is just a television programme.

Felinoid