RoG Republic Star Destroyer built

Interesting. They are slowly getting closer to what we knew from Eps. 4,5,6

Jeff

The design evolution being used to establish continuity between the old and new movies seems to work well with the Star Destroyer, but not so well with the smaller Starfighters. The T.I.E. fighter concept, especially, should had been left as an "all new" revolutionary technology for episode IV.

Starfighter development from earlier forms has resulted in some awkward-looking ships for episode III.

One possible problem I noticed: It looks like there's a Lambda shuttle in Episode III. But Han says specifically in Episode VI that this shuttle type was designed by the empire. ("I don't think the Empire had wookies in mind when they designed her, Chewie.") Of course, Han could be wrong, or maybe just talking about the interior, or... Or I could just be paying too much attention to such things.

(The upper wing of the shuttle looks amputated in the Episode III prequel, but I can't tell if that's a design feature or damage.)