Tamiya tape: same, but cheaper

I think so too Chris.They sell it at a local lumber store.It`s very similar to the blue type.

The one posted by Pierre,and by the description ,should be of a rice paper material,as is Tamiya.

who knows... :cop:

Paul T

• 4 weeks later...

21-11-05

Nothing I put in the search engine seemed to work so I went with 3m

after scrolling through numerous pages I found this:

3M BAND 244 MASKING TAPE 19mm

Standard-Abdeckband für sichere Abdeckarbeiten in der Vorbereitungsphase. Leicht gekreppter Papierträger, temperaturbeständig bis 70 Grad C / 1 Stunde.

Artikel-Nr: 0102119

Seems to be the 19mm version mentioned earlier. Couldn't find the 25mm version but htere was a 38mm version too.

However...not having a word of German I am not 100% sure.

Liam

What did you put in the search box to call up the product? How much was shipping?

Thanks,

Gene K

For a direct hit, you might want to try "244 Masking Tape".

It says:

3M BAND 244 MASKING TAPE 19mm

Standard masking tape for safe masking during preparation phase. Slightly creped (sp?) base paper.

Resists temperatures of 70C (160 F) for 1 hour.

Item no. 0102119

The 19mm tape is sold as single quantities, and the 38mm tape is only sold in boxes of 24.

Dennis

Edited by Lancer512

Err... Well, since I am living in Europe, it was not much postage for me.

What you guys could do is get together and get a larger quantity over to the US. Then the postage won't be as much as compared to several smaller packages (not sure about your customs regulations, though).

Edit: I just pretended to order 24 rolls of the 19mm tape to the USA, and shipping was stated with 5.50 Euros (7$US). However, that is what I paid for my package within Germany. Seems like their webstore is not set up for international postage calculation yet. Maybe just send them an e-mail and ask.

Edited by Lancer512
  • 2 weeks later...

I`m pretty sure the yellow tape shown is much the same as the blue type. 99.9%....could be wrong.

Somewhere in the description of the tape shown ,it was said to have a crepe finish to it.That ain`t it.But it would be great if it was. :P

Paul T

I just returned from a Sears close-out sale, I spotted rolls of Scotch Professional Grade Masking Tape - Automotive "for sharp, clean edges when you paint, removes easily" The part number is 051131-03430. It's very thin, but doesn't quite look like the Tamiya 'rice paper' tape. A 3/4" x 35 yd roll was USD $9!!!