Looks great. May have to pick up one of these despite that fact that I'm a 1/48 man. I've built the Czechmanster resin Wyvern (still in the gallery here I think) with another in the stash along with a couple of 1/48 Classic Airframe kits. The Trumpeter one might be difficult to justify but everyone seems to be building it & I DON'T WANNA BE LEFT OUT!!! :thumbsup::rolleyes:

- Unlike the aircraft in real life!! :thumbsup:

The Wyvern appears to be another of those unfairly maligned types. It was a victim of it's time, and even more so of Rolls Royce, who first cancelled the 24 cylinder Eagle engine on government orders, and then cancelled the Clyde turboprop on their own to concentrate on turbojet development. The Wyvern got the poorest of the engine options by default, and suffered with poor throttle response mainly. But pilots seemed to have liked it in the main. Who knows what could have happened if the Eagle had entered production for the Wyvern? Quite possibly she'd have worn Korean stripes. In many ways it parallels the Skyshark:- sound airframe, hopeless powerplant, although with the Wyvern at least the problems were ironed out to the point of it entering service, and combat.

As for how the kit builds. .I refer you to my first post. Fantastic model!

although with the Wyvern at least the problems were ironed out to the point of it entering service, and combat.

Not sure that I agree with that one - the aircraft entered FAA service around 1953 and was gone 5 years later with its problems still unresolved.

although with the Wyvern at least the problems were ironed out to the point of it entering service, and combat.

Not sure that I agree with that one - the aircraft entered FAA service around 1953 and was gone 5 years later with its problems still unresolved.

Well the installation of a new engine control unit solved most of the problems with the python, but the inherently slow response of early turbine engines coupled with all that transmission gubbins was always going to make it a handful around the boat, but once up and away it seems to have been generally liked by it's pilots. And all the delays in entering service were powerplant not airframe related. And service lengths were very compressed int hose days.. just look at the F-11 Tiger. . . three years in service and that wasn't a bad aircraft by any means. Nope, I'll take the Wyvern's corner as a pretty good aircraft compromised by problems beyond it's control.

It's 1/72. Classic Airframes makes the 1/48 kit.

And so do Dynavector. And I have to say having compared the two Dynavector's still looks like the better model to me, and is an eeeeeasy build. And I don't mean "easy for a vac-form" I mean "easy" full stop.

• 1 month later...