Hi

Just starting out with the Trumpeter 1/32 TBM Avenger. Not much problems so far except plenty of parts to assemble. Just completed the engine with added cables n hose for now. Hopefully to find some time between work to get the cockpit done. Oh yeah it's my first 1/32 scale hehe :D

Cheers :cheers:

Kelvin

TBM00.jpg

TBM01a.jpg

TBM02.jpg

TBM03.jpg

Thank you for the encouragement. :beer4: Took me quite awhile to get the engine done. Just way too many parts and am glad that's over now.

Btw do you guys have pics of the electronic bay? I'm not sure what colours are the electronic boxes. Trumpeter's instruction sheet seemed kinda off when it comes to colour indication :taunt:

:cheers:

Thank you for the encouragement. :beer4: Took me quite awhile to get the engine done. Just way too many parts and am glad that's over now.

Btw do you guys have pics of the electronic bay? I'm not sure what colours are the electronic boxes. Trumpeter's instruction sheet seemed kinda off when it comes to colour indication :taunt:

Try this link maybe can help you?

http://www.accurate-miniatures.com/builds/.../avenger002.htm

:beer4:

Héctor

• 2 weeks later...

Damn Kelvin thats some really neat painting of the cockpit. How did you make such a neat job of painting the electronic boxes and wiring? When I've tried freehand it looks like a spider has crawled all over the wet paint, too much caffine maybe....... :thumbsup:

I think you have weathered the tub to perfection, not too much. I tend to get a little carried away with wash and chipping and then the whole tub screams out 'LOOK AT ME I AM WEATHERED'.

Also very impressed with the detail level on this Trumpeter kit, the PACAIR raffle has a 1/32 Avenger donated by Raymond at Luckymodel. So one of you lucky people will be receiving one of these beauties.

Keep the pics coming, great work.

Doc

Edited by Dr Fester

Thanks again guys, I'm still learning. I only hope I could get it done on time. Been too busy with work and trying to juggle some time off to model. :cheers:

Dr Fester: The trumpeter kit doesn't come with the wirings so I had to add some copper wires to it. ;) That's why it looked neatly painted hehe and some masking around the electronics boxes. Again, this is a great kit!! No problems so far & plenty of details and plenty of parts to cut, clean & glue too. I don't think it'll require any aftermarket addons.

Kelv

Not much for now, working on the turret. Did some quick dryfitting but I doubt much can be seen once it's covered which is a shame. There're some sinkholes around which has to be filled but that's just me. Can't really see it unless u're really peering inside with a light.

TBM08.jpg

:worship:

Okay I am simply awestruck. That engine, cockpit and gun detail is amazing. That is one of the cleanest paintjobs I have ever seen. Wow!......wow! :blink: :lol:

:worship:

J.C.

DrFester: Yup it does :P and the usual hinges for the flaps as well.

Sorry more pics... i hope I'm not over flooding this thread.

TBM11.jpg

Loads of details but can't really see once painted. Fit is very tight...but no problems.

TBM12.jpg

Cutaway :cheers:

TBM13.jpg

TBM14.jpg

and last...

TBM15.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Updated.. slow but making some progress. Just completed the turret and dryfitting the wings.

Ez Masks is a life saver!! I would imagine spending hours just to mask the frames

TBM16a.jpg

TBM18.jpg

TBM19.jpg

TBM20.jpg

TBM21.jpg

Can't see much here :thumbsup::banana:

TBM23.jpg

Thanks for looking :P

Edited by kelv_w