I believe there is an injected kit in the pipeline from Amodel or Zvezda - might as well just wait and save yourself all the headaches.........

That's what I thought when I saw the Sanger vacform kit for sale at a recent model show.

My natural 'if it is Russian I MUST buy it' chip kicked in - but I managed to go and have a lie down until the feeling wore off....

If previous Sanger kist are anything to go by - (Il-76, Mi-6, An-26 - all purchased but never made) you get the basic shapes plus white metal parts.

I can't comment on its accuracy - but I suspect it would need a lot of work to make a good model.

I am awaiting the Amodel Mi-6 (late model) plus the Zvezda Mi-26 kits.

Ken

i will be not so optimistic, Zvezda not started work by model Mi-26 yet. :D

There is russian idiom words: "Ob'eshannogo tri goda jdut" - Promisses works wiil be awaiting at least three years :stupid:

Ken

Hi Ken,

Do you know more about the Amodel Mi-6 (late) kit?

When it's comming and what markings?

Joachim

Ken

Hi Ken,

Do you know more about the Amodel Mi-6 (late) kit?

When it's comming and what markings?

Joachim

Joachim,

No, I don't know anything about what Amodel propose to do with a 'late model' Mi-6 - sorry.

I just refuse to be suckered into buying the 'early model' - and then buy another one when they re-release it as a 'late model' !!!!

Does anyone know for sure what the difference(s) will be ??

I am assuming the rotor blades are different - but I haven't studied it in detail yet.

Ken

PS - Hannants are now advertsing the latest Ka-226 releases...

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=AMU72129

http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=AMU7274

Ken,

Drew Graham has posted a query over on the HKN Forum that implies there are differences in the rear door/ramp set up on the early Mi-6's as well as the change in the rotorblades. Since you've actually seen the Mi-6 in the flesh, maybe you can offer some insight??

Also, he's posted a rather alarming note about the plastic being resistant to many common solvent cements..............any feedback from others who have started construction would be great to hear!

(I'm digging out some sprue bits from mine to test with the glues I have on-hand for myself.)

Edited by RotorheadTX
So you're saying that Zvezda has gone back to the old Five-Year-Plan method of management??   ;)

Back it the USSR? :cheers: But i like this song.

No, i didnt think so, but if they planning do this modell soon i'm will be know (i have some information sourse).

MiG-21 Zvezda gouing to public almost three year.

To RotorheadTX:

By the way - wherefrom so comprehensive knowledge in komunist's econimical method? I'm living in this country, and junior generation didn't know about that/

Edited by kotey
So you're saying that Zvezda has gone back to the old Five-Year-Plan method of management??  :wacko:

To RotorheadTX:

By the way - wherefrom so comprehensive knowledge in komunist's econimical method? I'm living in this country, and junior generation didn't know about that/

I am the last old-school card-carrying Communist living in Texas. (NOT!)

:blink:

Like Comrade Putin, I yearn for the "good old days". :rofl: