Apollo lunar stack in progress...

Evening All,

I'm finally doing it. For years I've pined for a "decent" CSM to compliment the pretty good Monogram LEM. I bought the RealSpace Models resin CSM last year and it was worth every penny. Beautiful kit! Once this model is completed I'll mount it and start re-working the Monogram kit to match. Both kits to be in the Apollo 11 configuration (what else).

DSC01558.jpg

The plastic rod going through the vehicle will secure the model(s) to the base and provide a hard anchor for the LEM which will come later.

DSC01563.jpg

The SM is all dressed-up, but I still need to weather it for a more realistic appearance. On the CM I'm attaching Bare Metal Foil in strips to replicate the Mylar covering on the real McCoy. So far it's working out well.

Peace,

Randy

Looks great, Randy. Good luck with the rest of that mylar shield....when I used bare metal foil for a while when I got back into the hobby I had a hard time applying it. Then again, I don't think I did it right. (I tried applying large sections to whole assemblies and I didn't use tweezers).

Justin