Liked the ending with the inclusions of the Enterprises and the monologues. Liked seeing Riker and Troi, and the "D" again, but thought it was kind of odd to tack the last episode of the series onto an episode of the Next Gen.

Too much focus on that I think, not enough on the characters. Would have been nicer I think if they had just focused on Enterprise stuff only.

The way they wrapped it up seemed kind of rushed. At least with the other series finales (Voyager almost didn't do it), they were done fairly tidy. This one kind of left me with the impression "Ok, what's next?" rather than "Ok, it's done. Good job."

What's your opinion? ;)

In my family, my dad is the star trek fan. but as a result, I have grown up watching TNG, Voyager, and some episodes of Enterprise. Of the series, Enterprise was probably my least favorite (maybe because i didnt catch the show on a regular basis). I did watch the final 2 episodes. I like them. I did think that the Riker and Troi thing did add a weird element, but I like it. The montage at the end I though was neat. Are there any plans for a new series? or is this the absolute end of line for star trek?

live long and prosper and resistance is futile,

jason

At current, there are no plans. But only because Rick Berman thinks of the average Star Trek fan as a perpetually 30-year old living in his parents' basement, arguing whether Kirk is better than Picard or not, and speaking Klingon on the phone. He therefore hates you.

And I wish to God the above statement were an exaggeration - everything that Berman does and says regarding Star Trek infers it. Honestly, $100 for a single season of TOS or Enterprise? That tells me that he's more interested in squeezing all the money he possibly can from us at once than making tons of it in the long run by giving us *gasp* good Star Trek that lasts.

I was somewhat disappointed in this last episode. They connected Enterprise to TNG, completely forgetting there was an entire series and about 200 years between the two.

Of course, Berman hates TOS. No, really. He has flat out SAID so.

Liked the ending with the inclusions of the Enterprises and the monologues. Liked seeing Riker and Troi, and the "D" again, but thought it was kind of odd to tack the last episode of the series onto an episode of the Next Gen.

Too much focus on that I think, not enough on the characters. Would have been nicer I think if they had just focused on Enterprise stuff only.

The way they wrapped it up seemed kind of rushed. At least with the other series finales (Voyager almost didn't do it), they were done fairly tidy. This one kind of left me with the impression "Ok, what's next?" rather than "Ok, it's done. Good job."

What's your opinion? :blink:

I agree, it seemed somewhat rushed. When they announced that Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis were going to reprise their roles as Riker and Troi for the ENTERPRISE finale, I thought they were going to be doing something along the lines of parents telling their child a bedtime story- in this case, NX-01's last voyage and the start of the Federation. If not that, maybe they would be explaining to a "first contact" the story of the Federation. Obviously that wasn't what happened.

Personally, I wish they had found time to insert Q into the mix somewhere, if not neccessarily the last episode. He was always a favorite of mine (although a few of the episodes spotlighting the charactor were not of the best quality), and the gifted charactor actor John DeLancie was always terrific. Some say he was too over the top-well, if you were a being with the power to eliminate history at a whim, so would you be.

I liked a lot of the small touches in the last episode-Reed commenting "All good things.." (an homage to the last TNG episode), the hastily-installed control panels that were everywhere (and in the way), the minor changes to the uniforms (nametags), all adding up to something subtly but noticably different.

Felinoid

Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis were a bit overwieght and puffy to reprise their NG roles for the last Enterprise, but the storyline was right on....the ongoing terraforming of mars was mentioned as one of the neat things going on in THIS solar system in the early years. The whole series should have been like that, sort of what-if of the near future. I will always love that Constitution-class ship rendered in C.G. .......