Great Be-12 in progres link

Hi Joachim - my plans are to just use the Soviet decals that came with the kit. BTW, the kit comes with markings for four a/c: Soviet, Ukrainian, Egyptian, and Vietnam.

Be-12_Mail.jpg

I'm familiar with that old East German Be-6 kit. Haven't taken a good hard look at it, but it's pretty bad and would require major surgery. Maybe these RVHP guys would do one?

- Pat

Edited by Kalashnikov-47

Guys,

FWIW, there are some photographs of the Be-12P water bomber on my website at :-

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/visits...2002_day07.html

including some interior shots.

You need to scroll down a bit.......

I have the RVHP Be-12 kit still to make - after the Trumpeter Flanker, Amodel Mya-4 and a million other kits!!

Ken

02_day07_07.jpg

02_day07_10.jpg

02_day07_09.jpg

Hi Joachim - my plans are to just use the Soviet decals that came with the kit. BTW, the kit comes with markings for four a/c: Soviet, Ukrainian, Egyptian, and Vietnam.

Be-12_Mail.jpg

I'm familiar with that old East German Be-6 kit. Haven't taken a good hard look at it, but it's pretty bad and would require major surgery. Maybe these RVHP guys would do one?

- Pat

Hi Pat,

Looking verry nice so far!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you don't mid i putted this link here :cheers:

Keep on going :)

:P greetings from the Netherlands

Joachim

ps, If you are looking for a good family for the Ukrainian decals, then i know a good house for them ;) :)

Joachim -

I noticed that you're interested in Ukrainian subjects. You can have the decals if you really want them. :blink: I need some larger ones so I can make my Trumpeter 1/35 Mi-8 into a Ukrainian aircraft. When I was in Kosovo (1999/2000) I was a regular passenger on Ukrainian Mi-8's. Look here:

http://www.bubbamoose.com/hip.html

I want to model one the helicopters I actually flew in.

- Pat

Joachim -

I noticed that you're interested in Ukrainian subjects.  You can have the decals if you really want them. :D  I need some larger ones so I can make my Trumpeter 1/35 Mi-8 into a Ukrainian aircraft.  When I was in Kosovo (1999/2000) I was a regular passenger on Ukrainian Mi-8's.  Look here:

http://www.bubbamoose.com/hip.html

I want to model one the helicopters I actually flew in.

- Pat

Hi Pat,

I saw your Ukrainian Mi-8 photo's some time ago and i really was happy to find them. They are Great photo's of an great helo. They are the one of a view good painted Ukrainian helo's! I'm jalouse on you, you lucky man!!!!!! :worship::cheers:

That is a nice theme of modelling. I also wanted to start on modelling where i fly in, but then i started the Ukrainian AF mania :P

The decals would be great. Sorry i can not help you with those big ukrainian roundals.

Manny greetings

Joachim

Edited by joachim
  • 4 weeks later...
I doubt it as the kit you refer to is most likely a Be-6 not a Be-12.
Thanks for the clue :rofl: I wound up checking the kit only to find that the extra large tube of glue included with the kit had leaked and ruined a vertical stabilizer.

be-6.jpg

You can see what the glue tube looks like. Anyone got the Revell number for this kit so I can attempt to get a replacement?

tia,

Nostalgia just hit me like a ton of bricks... thats no Revell, thats Plasticart. IIRC thats GDR (East German) kit. When I got into this hobby in the late 80's - early 90's, that kit was the pinnacle of perfection. I wanted to have that kit so much that I actually traded half-assembled Be-6 from a buddy of mine. Interesting times those were...

Regards

Z.S.

Anyone got the Revell number for this kit so I can attempt to get a replacement?

tia,[/size][/font]

That's not to hard to fix. Just cut away the damaged plastic, super(cyano)glue on plastic card of suitable thickness, cut to shape using the undamaged part as a template, smooth over some filler, sand and re-scribe.

Job done!

:cheers:

Darius

This thread has just reminded me of something...

I am pretty sure that I had a 1:72 Be12 injection moulded kit, which I got from a shop in Bonn, probably around 1989.

Somehow it never made it back to the UK when I came back from Germany, someone probably found it in the hostel and made off with it.

Makes me wonder which kit it was....

Cheers

Matt

Nostalgia just hit me like a ton of bricks... thats no Revell, thats Plasticart. IIRC thats GDR (East German) kit. When I got into this hobby in the late 80's - early 90's, that kit was the pinnacle of perfection. I wanted to have that kit so much that I actually traded half-assembled Be-6 from a buddy of mine. Interesting times those were...

Regards

Z.S.

Zmey, I'm a little confused by your post. You traded a Be-6 for a Be-6? Anyway, my issue is a GDR/Plasticart. It's a nice molding. While not intricate, the mold is highly polished and shows finesse; it reminds me of a late Aurora kit. Revell issued this kit for a short time in the nineties. I can repair the piece with plastic sheet and putty but if Revell's got the piece sitting in a drawer, why bother?

tia,