OK Guys-

I swore up and down that I wouldn't do this, and there were a lot of reasons why. A lot of people have asked me to extend the group build to July 1st, to give everyone a full six months to finish up. I need some convincing if this is going to happen, and here are my concerns:

1. First, I didn't want this dragging out forever. I know, it's only one more month, but then, what happens when all the people who started a project in June start asking for extra time to finish up? Remember, the maximum time allotted for a GB is six months, and before you ask, I can't bend the rules on this.

2. I don't want to cause a conflict with the upcoming GBs, either. The F-15 GB is right around the corner, as are a few other jet builds.

Therefore, if you guys can convince me that it's a good idea to extend it to July 1st, and that it won't be detrimental to the other GBs, then I'll consider it, with this caveat: the extension will be for the purpose of completing current projects, not starting new ones. If I do this, I absolutely WILL NOT go one minute past July 1st. Further, I have to talk with Ken and Alby, and see what they think as well. I'll certainly want to get their input to make sure that I'm doing the right thing here.

Please Steve, I'm just back into modelling after a break of two years . This GB is what brings me back on tracks . 13 days is just not enough .

The future of my hobby depends on you !

Stef

PS : you really want me to go and sit on my knees ?

It will have to be on the honor system, but how about if everyone agrees to no NEW projects, just simply finishing up ones that are already started and that can be finished by the end of the month. I agree, not a minute into July. The funny thing about human beings is that most tend to prioritize things in life and try and get things done at the last minute. I personally put off building a couple of projects because of...well...life! But now, I've got some time on my hands, but not enough time to finish up before the June 1 deadline. In regards to other group builds, I don't think one month would be stepping on any toes. I plan on participating in the F-4 build, but I won't start one until later, regardless of whether we extend the deadline or not. I'm so close to finishing the Tomcat projects, I'm going to go ahead and get them done.

Steve, you just have to take a hint from I am a spammer....please report this post.....JUST DO IT!

Steve,

Based on your own email, there really isn't anything in the way of extending the date to July 1st (Canada Day). However, it must end on that date.

I don't think you can enforce the rule that people don't start on new projects in June. Just enforce the closure for submissions. You've got good reasons (other F-15 GB) that the F-14 GB will run into if it goes beyond July 1st.

Huge benefit will be to those millions of ScaleAir readers busily trying to complete their entries. Plenty of goodwill to be had there (me included :wave: )

So if there's no financial or logistical issues, please extend the GB for the full six months.

Cheers,

vf-x

One simple reason:

So that people can use the upcoming VF-Decals VF-103/84 combo 1/72 & 1/48 sheet...

Come on Steve, YOU KNOW you wanna see a bunch of Jolly Roger Cats give their last minute push for it!

One simple reason:

So that people can use the upcoming VF-Decals VF-103/84 combo 1/72 & 1/48 sheet...

Come on Steve, YOU KNOW you wanna see a bunch of Jolly Roger Cats give their last minute push for it!

To be honest, Im waiting for that sheet too. BUT I had the shots taken as if the plane is on the way to the PAINTBARN!!! :D

I can live with an extension. I would also like a deadline to be a deadline.

Its not like we are competing for points.....its a group build.

I have a firm committment to the diffenate possibilty of a maybe. :thumbsup:

Okay, how's this? If you extend the deadline to July 1, than I will offer this Steel Beach Art 30 tail plaque ($200 value) as a raffle prize.

f14tails.jpg

:) send me one, ya got my vote. ;)

Edited by phantom

Steve:

While I am NOT contributing to the Build--thus my vote counts for naught, as an interested watcher I'd like to see the folks get the full six months. Your own preamble mentions giving a full six months, so why not give it? And with Darren's super, fabulous, extra, spectacular, nifty keeno, the-whole-shebang prize, you can't beat that!

So take my advice: give the People what they want...

What do they want?

One more month!

When do they want it?

Now!

One more month, one more month...!

M'Dog

With my semester finals and trying to find a new place to live, I've had to temporarily pack my model stuff up until I get settled again... I've got two projects nearly finished that I need a little time to hammer down on.

I'll be your best friend, Steve.. promise!! ;)

Yeah, I'm 95% done with my two F-14's and WON'T be starting another. However, my Dad is scheduled for some major surgery Thursday and the next couple of weeks will be spent tending to him when I'm not at work (he doesn't have anyone to help him as my parents are divorced).

This extension would REALLY give me some breathing room to get the final little bits complete.

Your consideration is deeply appreciated

John

Steve,

I too am just an interested viewer of the F-14 GB, but it seems extending the build to 6 months seems to get the vote. The 3 group builds I am co-hosting all have a 6 month time frame so I see no reason why this one should be any different IMO. Sure the GB forum will be a little full during June with the Mig GB and F-4 GB starting but hey, its only for one month right? I personally don't feel that it would interfere with any of the upcoming builds and if it means that people can finish their builds for the GB then I say go for it........

Maybe Andy M can knock out another 4 Tomcats in a month. :cheers:

Cheers

Doc

Edited by Dr Fester

This doesn't effect me because the only entry I have,is done and on your site,but I would like a shot at that extra tail plaque,I think they are fantastic,nice one Darren! :crying:

Thanks for the offer

Jon

Edited by strikeeagle48