Not real happy with this, but...

Well, let me be the first to say that I'm not really thrilled with how this one's going to turn out, but since I started modelling, I've STARTED about 20 kits, and this will be the first one that I'm actually going to finish, and this is my first real attempt with decals and finishing coats and such, I guess it's not so bad.

Well, here goes. I know it's terrible...

I wouldn't say it's terrible. The panel lines seem very deep, what kit is it? The decals seem to have gone on nicely, and the painting looks ok :thumbsup: . Only way to get better is to build (and finish) more kits :P. I had some of the same problems with my first build, but my camera isn't as good as yours :lol:

;)

I wouldn't say it's terrible. The panel lines seem very deep, what kit is it? The decals seem to have gone on nicely, and the painting looks ok :thumbsup: . Only way to get better is to build (and finish) more kits :P. I had some of the same problems with my first build, but my camera isn't as good as yours :lol:

;)

The kit is the 1:72 Revell of Germany F-14D. That was actually the first thing I noticed out of the box was how deep those panel lines were.

Thanks for the input :P !

Oh, and by the way, your first build looks incredible. It'll only take me, oh, maybe 100 kits or so before my work starts turning out that good.

I would reccomend using a graphite pencil to "draw" in over those panel lines. This will make them look sharper. do a little smearing with your finger for more weathering.

It's no unlike doing makeup effects on someones face to hide the wrinkles!

not to worry, you should see one of my first few planes that I made.. it was a hasegawa F-16A "black knights" in 1/48, i bought testors gloss coat, and turns out i forgot to read the instructions : "may look orange", especially on a plane that's mostly white and red.... :sign_boycott: . just build more!

The panel lines seem very deep, what kit is it?

At least James' Tomcat still HAS panel lines!! My Tomcat ended up without panel lines in the nose area due to heavy sanding. (The Italeri 1/72nd kit didn't fit too well. My nominee for Square Peg in a Round Hole Fit Award).

Justin

James, I think your build is looking Great !!!

That is one to be Proud of For Sure !!!

Don't let the kit shortfalls dampen your thoughts on your efforts ...

Gregg