Whats a good detailed Star Wars kit to get?

Any SW kit from Fine Molds...

I second General Grivious for any Fine Molds kits

If your loking for cheap kits, some older ERTL are quite good (the A wing is one of the most easy built and is quite well detailed) but generally, the fit and the detail are not up to date now.

Hate to whine, but I'm wishing FM would have done the X-Wing in 1/48. The starfighters in general are smaller than comparable contemporary fighters (i.e. F-14), so a 1/72 X-Wing is a bit small for my personal tastes, even though I'm mainly a 1/72 builder! But that's just me....

Anything in 1/48 scale? Or even sorta close. I'm thinking an X-wing fighter would be a nice addition to the stash.

AMT's Imperial TIE Fighters kit is close to 1/48. It is probably the most modern and best quality kit in AMT/Ertl's SW lineup. No, that's not damning with faint praise. :cheers: It really is a sharp kit- A guy in my club thought it was the FineMolds(he didn't know that FM only does 1/72) at first- since it bears none of the same quality lineage of other AMT/Ertl kits. The fact that you get TWO fighters is also a great bonus.

It's not terribly hard to find. I saw one at Scalefest just last weekend. $30 isn't unreasonable.

Saturn

Edited by calculon