• 7 months later...

This time i did some work on the landinggear, as there is a lot to improve!

The basic kit oleo (if i may call it that way) is replaced with resin parts which are handcrafted by me, they even move up and down!

Also i made a start with the hydraulic pipes etc. which i made from solder tin

For the front gear i will use the kit mudguard even if it isn't accurate ( i think only Flankerman will spot this:) )

Here are some pics, i post some more later on.

dsc8212p.jpg

a more close up view:

dsc8208.jpg

Thanks for watching and i'll be back soon:)

Wasserfall,

great to see you back at it. I incidentally went through your entire Flanker posting over the weekend, in anticipation of re-engaging my Flanker. Inspirational stuff!

Cheers,

Marcel

Thanks Marcel,

It's about time to finish my model:)

btw, did all the pictures show up when you went through my postings?

Cheers!!

Henry

These pictures shows the more or less completed maingear.

The reall maingear has some more detail, but i think this will do, it shure looks "busy" to me

maingear005.jpg

maingear006.jpg

maingear007.jpg

The next pictures show the frontgear included with wiring etc. Struts still have to be attached, but that will be in the final assembly of the kit.

nosegear001.jpg

nosegear002.jpg

nosegear003.jpg

nosegear004.jpg

Hope you liked it, i'll be back soon

• 2 months later...

Priwjet!

Some work on the weathering this time, i used oil paint, mixed some black, white and burntsienna thinned with white spirit, let it dry for 15 minutes and wiped of with a cloth.

It's the first time that i use this technique, and this is just a start, anyone with suggestions, please feel free to comment.

There are several exhaust pipes on the reall flanker, which leave mostly a brown/yellow residu, i will try to replicate that too later on.

weathering.jpg

Overview with weathering and without

weathering1.jpghow did you get that nickel/steel effect?

Without any weathering looking very sterile

weathering2.jpg

It's a start, any suggestions, please feel free.

Thanks,

Wasserfall

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

After the work on the landinggear i started weathering the main wheels after flattening them a bit, as i see it now the rubber needs some toning down and showing more wear, Suggestions?

mainwheels.jpg

Oke back to the main fuselage where i did some weathering on the engine compartment using black and some white oilpaint, heavely diluted with whitespirit.

i used a flat brush to apply it and let it dry for half an hour then gently wiped the exces paint of with a cloth.

After this i think it needs some chipping were the paint is damaged or worn from the extensive use of maintenance to the engine, but i do this later on.

topengine.jpg

Back to the underside, on the Flanker DVD the engine nacelles show lots of oil or smudge as seen on this picture.

[oilstain.jpg

Which i tried to replicate with yellow/orange oilpant with the same tecnique as mentioned before.

underfull.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next a detail shot of the underside, still need to correct some minor things i overlooked while making the picture,

hope you like it.

underdetail.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers!

Thanks,

In a few hours i post some other pictures!

Edited by Wasserfall

As said before, the metal shading is really well done, one of the best metal heat effects I have seen.

Nice job on the bottom side weathering too, you managed to keep the streaking parallel , which I usually find to be the biggest challenge.

:thumbsup:

Marcel

• 1 year later...