Please help me for X-Wing kits

The MPC/AMT/ERTL X-wing are generally the same kits, however there are at least 3 different X-wings in different sizes. There is a small snap-together kit, this kit, and a slightly larger "Proshop" version boxed by AMT/ERTL that had lights and powered wings IIRC. I think this kit is roughly around 1/48 scale I think, but there is no real scale specified. It has some accuracy issues, the detail is so-so, and the cockpit is pretty sparse.

The best injection X-wing is the Fine Molds kit. Also, Captain Cardboard did a large (studio?) scale resin X-Wings that is also good, albeit expensive.

thanks, I wanna know who is who?

e1_12_sb.JPG

(1/41?)

0d_1_b.JPG

54_1_b.JPG

e5_1_b.JPG

(1/72?)

36_1_b.JPG

I know FM's SW kit is the best in 72 scale, but my target is a bigger one, 1/48 is good, maybe a little tough is not big problem

Edited by newca96

Yup, the general pegged it. Only other minor thing is that the later issues of the original kit don't have the pilot figure anymore, but it wasn't a very good figure anyway.

The biggest of the styrene kits is the AMT Proshop X-Wing, which scales to about 1/35 scale and has lights and sound. It is a sound model with a good cockpit, but many modelers don't like the shape of it compared to the original. But, when built and painted up right it can look dang impressive.

My comments on the original kit can be found here:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54823

As for the Republic Gunship, it is a nice toy, but a little distorted in spots to make room for overscale action figures. If Hasbro had scaled this thing to the figures, it wouldn't fit through a standard sized doorway and a kid wouldn't be able to carry it too well. I know of no kits planned for this ship and the only smaller toys I've seen of it are a diecast (about 1/125 scale) and an Action Fleet toy that might be close to 1/72 scale (hard to find).

Edited by Jay Chladek

FYI, RC/Ertl has recently reissued the 1/41 "mid-size" X-Wing using the same box art as #4 (and using the same model picture- which is the"basic"/snap kit) so it's confusing. The 1/41 kit does come in a larger box than the snap.