What about new Revell SW Kits?

From looking at them in the shop and on the free poster handout they are all pre-painted and snap together. Check out the other threads for detail.

The only exception is the Republic Star Destroyer which you need to paint and glue yourself.

Nick :cheers:

Are theese ones toy-like kits? Any chance to make a decent model?

Yes and yes. The first two pictures show the Revell EasyKit "Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter" after my brother had finished it "out of the box". Pretty toy-like...

So...even with just some weathering you can turn the Revell Easy Kits in something that actually looks like a Sci-Fi model. However, if I had the time, I would have repainted the whole thing after gluing and filling/sanding the parts. That done you'll definitely end up with a model that doesn't need to hide behind other Sci-Fi kits.

Regards, Bernd

Wow! Excellent work Bernd. You've confirmed what I thought about these kits. You're right, stripped of paint and properly built up, they'll look pretty much better.

btw...that unit is R4-D17, not an R2 unit ;)

You mean the late R4-D17...

GG :lol:

Well, if you want to do a repaint, it will be easier to do now. I completed work on an ALPS printed decal sheet last week for Wonderfest and from it you can do three complete models (two Jedi Fighters and an ARC-170). You also get options on the sheet that allow you to do more then just the red and yellow fighters and I included the blue kill markings on Obi-Wan's second fighter (blue in color) and two types of Jedi Council/Republic insignias (6 point and 8 point). These were available at the Wonderfest show and will be available for sale at the CultTVman.com hobbystore website.

I'm currently building up an ARC-170 and doing it as a full repaint. The wings are primered and ready for paint. The body is taking longer as the cockpit needs a bit of work first. If you strip and repaint the pilots, make sure to at least primer with an acrylic as they are made of a soft vinyl rubber plastic (and the figs need a repaint more then the ships themselves).

Have yet to see these kits in Australia as yet, but they look great and I will certainly get the Jedi Starfighter and one of the ARC-170 kits.

What are they priced at ?

Jay

Are you going to make the sheet available direct or do we have to go through Cultman. Does he post internationally and/or accept Paypal?

:cheers:

MikeJ

Well, if you want to do a repaint, it will be easier to do now. I completed work on an ALPS printed decal sheet last week for Wonderfest and from it you can do three complete models (two Jedi Fighters and an ARC-170). You also get options on the sheet that allow you to do more then just the red and yellow fighters and I included the blue kill markings on Obi-Wan's second fighter (blue in color) and two types of Jedi Council/Republic insignias (6 point and 8 point). These were available at the Wonderfest show and will be available for sale at the CultTVman.com hobbystore website.

I'm currently building up an ARC-170 and doing it as a full repaint. The wings are primered and ready for paint. The body is taking longer as the cockpit needs a bit of work first. If you strip and repaint the pilots, make sure to at least primer with an acrylic as they are made of a soft vinyl rubber plastic (and the figs need a repaint more then the ships themselves).

Thanks for the info on the decal sheet. I'm pretty sure I'll buy it. Please keep us posted on the progress of your current projects, it'll be a great help for sure.

B) :wave:

Edited by Juanjo D.

Sorry to burst your bubble Jbrundt and Habu. Put simply, these kits WON'T be available in the US from Revell of Germany, at least not through normal channels. Reason is that the Revell of Germany license is for the European Union only and it works about the same way as Fine Molds license being exclusive to Japan only. So, you will NOT see these kits on the shelf at normal retail prices at local hobby shops. Reason why Revell of Germany only has a EU license is that RC2 Ertl (AMT/Ertl) is coming out with their own Revenge of the Sith kit line with a couple initial releases in July and the bulk coming out in November.

The only way to get them in the US is to either order them from a mail order company in Europe (such as Hannants in the UK) or a mail order firm in the US that was able to get them. There are four or five companies that have gotten them so far. Three of them are Federationmodels.com, Starshipmodeler.com and CultTVman.com. The only drawback to ordering these from a US mail order firm is that the prices are more expensive then they are in Europe. But you usually have to fork over shipping prices to get it here anyway and right now the dollar is still somewhat weak compared to other currencies. So the smaller kits are going for about $30 each and the Republic Star Destroyer is selling for $50. If a local shop does get these, I imagine the prices will be higher since they will be purchasing from a distributor who is back channeling them as well and there will be two markups instead of just one.

Only way to possibly get them cheaper might be to arrange a trade with a buddy in the EU (ARC is full of them) or talk to family members who are planning to vacation over there this year and have them stop in at a local hobby shop or department store to buy some (Woolworths in the UK is selling them). But that Star Destroyer kit is big and probably won't fit in a normal suitcase unless it has a lighter then normal load of clothing. I can also consider this the perfect excuse to visit Telford this fall. :thumbsup:

If the higher prices put you off, then think of it like this. Why should we in the US always have it the best. I applaud Revell for doing these and kudos to our members in the EU who can get them for less then we can. If only we had a European equivalent to Hobbylink Japan in the EU who can get us stuff like this for better shipping costs. Oh well. BTW, I don't know if these kits will be available in Canada or not. But I have a feeling that RC2/Ertl's license is for all of North America.

As for the decals, yes Cult does take Paypal and should be able to ship internationally. If there is a problem then I could probably be convinced to sell direct. Only minor sticking point right now is he will be on vacation until about June 6, so I don't expect the markings to hit the site until after he gets home. One thing I want to make sure is that everyone who wants them has access to these as I think they will go a long way in helping modelers to make these look better then a simple prepaint.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Jay

Just checked with the local shop here (my favourite and the sponsor of the Matchbox GB) and they are listed for release here. My contact is checking to confirm this and get me a price.

Otherwise I will see if an ARcer can get me a ARC-170 (clone fighter?) and ObiWans Starfighter.

I will post up the confirmation when I get the call on my mobile phone.

:beer4: and thanks

MikeJ

ok

Got the phone call...

They were scheduled for release in Australia but are now not going to be imported as the movie has been aired here. Stupid huh?

Would a kind Euro/UK ARCer be interested in sending me an ARC-170 and a Jedi Starfighter (Obi-Wans)? I can pay via Paypal easily enough.

:beer4: and thanks

MikeJ

Mike, that does suck and at times like this I wish I had perfected the Jedi mind trick and the Force choke as a followup. That is pretty dumb logic on the part of the importer where you live as I know they could have made a killing on these.

But, like I said, ARC is full of friends in cool places that can find what you want. I would help out with your kit acquisitions if I knew I could get them for European retail. But I was only able to get mine for the high import cost and I know you can do better this way. Good luck and you won't be disappointed. I was looking over the Republic Star Destroyer kit last night and it is one SWEET looking model. I don't think FineMolds could have done it better even if they had tried it.

Well, thanks to centuryfan, I am going to be able to get the two Revell AG SW3 kits I am after.

They will do me fine!

Jay

I will check out the decal situation after the end of this week. That way I need not mask.

Thanks Bernd!

:cheers:

MikeJ

But, like I said, ARC is full of friends in cool places that can find what you want. I would help out with your kit acquisitions if I knew I could get them for European retail. But I was only able to get mine for the high import cost and I know you can do better this way.

Y'know with Hobby Lobby 1/2 off sales this week on this side of the pond....and RoG SW:RoTS kits on the other....You'd think that more than a few folks here would come to an highly equitable arrangement.

I'm just sayin' that's all. :unsure:

I ordered Star Destroyer, ARC-170, Obi-Wan's fighter, Droid Tri-Fighter and AT-RT today... And even my girlfriend started to like Star Wars :worship:

So when does the group build starts? :thumbsup:

Edited by Sebastijan