Lunar Module Ascent Stage...

Evening All,

Just an update for those guys interested in real spacecraft modeling. I've just begun working on the old Monogram 1/48 scale LM kit. To complete the model, it'll require a total rework. I've started on the rear section of the ascent stage since it's the easiest. Using .005" plastic sheet I was lucky enough to effectively replicate the loose fitting aluminum sheeting found on the real vehicle.

Here's two views: one of the model in progress and one of Eagle on the lunar surface. It's one of about 5 photos I used as reference for my modeling work on the backend.

Randy

DSC01612.jpg

AS11-40-5922.jpg

:crying: wow, Randy, this looks very realistic.

I am all for real space modelling, besides aircraft modelling. I still have a Saturn V in 1/96 to build. I was never lucky on bidding for one of those Monogram or Revell LM's on ebay, so...

I am anxiously awaiting the kit from customreplicas! Boy, I better start saving money for this kit from this day on. Anyway, I am very excited about this news. Want to build the Challenger then!

Please update your post with progress pics!

Thank you

Greetings from Germany :wave: