The last time i used Tamiya acrylics was 20 years ago.

Recently , for my re-entry in AC modelling i bought the whole Tamiya acrylic range.

They do not stink like the ones i used 20 years ago.

Has Tamiya changed their ingedrients ?

:thumbsup:

I've only started using Tamiya acrylics in the last 5 years or so, so I can't comment on whether they've changed. However I can say that they're amongst the best paints I've used for airbrush application and smoothness of finish, providing you use Tamiya's own thinner. It's a pity their range isn't matched to authentic military colours (with a few exceptions). Their flat white is superb- bright white, opaque, sprays well and dries velvet-smooth.

I believe that Tamiya "acrylics" are actually a synthetic acrylic/laquer based paint. I've been using them since 1990 and haven't noticed any change in them other than the size of the bottle. The earlier paint jars held 23ml and the newer smaller size only holds 10ml.

While I openly admit to being biased toward all Tamiya products, I sincerely believe their acrylic paints are among the best acrylic modeling paints out there. Once again the only drawback about their paints is their limited ranged.