On behalf of Scale_Svaz and myself:

Hello and welcome to the Hi-Decal Group Build!

Thanks to the wonders of being on the other side of the planet, I missed the grand opening (traffic was a killer! . But here is Official page for information about this Group Build!

Outline

MiG. A name synominous with Soviet Airpower and one of the most widely recognized acronyms in the world. As the MiG OKB celebrates its 66th year, the perfect time to have a GB!!

We start with the date for the December flight of the s-01 prototype, later to become the famous MiG-15 and end at a dawn of a new era with the MiG-29.

Basically 1949-1991

This encompasses the mig-15, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27 and 29 & 31 Built during this time. Foreign built models are included (e.g. china f-6s f-7s etc) & can be from any Air force and conflict ranging from the VVS to the highly esoteric. The weirder, the better!! What-ifs included. Subjects outside this scope will be allowed & invited to join and partake in the GB, but will not currently be eligible for the raffle.

Sponsor

The main Sponsor of this Group build is Hi-Decal, who has very generously donated prizes, aswell as Pisco Models! We also welcome Aboard Linden Hill & Victory Models!

Prizes

Prizes will be given out per category of aircraft type. There will be one category for mig-15 models, another for mig-17 models and so forth up to the Mig-31. Since this group build encompasses the "Mig-21 GB theme", there will be an additional "best of category" award available for all mig-21 entrants. Prises are awarded via Raffle held at the completion of the GB

Hosting

there will be an independent site available for hosting photos for your completed models.

The closing Date is the 1st of December

Myself and Scale_Svaz will be moderating this GB for you, feel free to contact me by PM or Email if you have any inquiries

I wish you All the best and enjoy the Group build!

Regards

Raymond

Edited by Raymond
So the GB is open for business now?

Let the games begin!

Entries as of 10JUN05 0726hrs (AZ, USA)

format: modeler - variant - scale - scheme. ?? means 'not specified'.

* means project completed

-----

texgal45* - ?? - 1/48 - DPRK

svaz - UTI - 1/48 - ??

Swedish Mick - ?? - 1/72 - ??

-----

WonderDog66 - ?? - 1/48 - Stoli show plane

-----

yardbird78 - MF - 1/48 - Russian Federation

Bistromath - PM - 1/48 - Romanian AF

-----

smithery - F-13 - 1/32 - Israel

fulcrum driver - F-13 - 1/32 - NVPAF

svaz - PF - 1/48 - ??

mbittner - PF - 1/72 - ??

Habu - F-13 - 1/72 - Finnish AF

Habu - MF - 1/72 - 'Weird MiGs' sheet

joachim - ?? - 1/72 - Ukraine

farmerboy - MF - 1/72 - Ethiopia

david sMiGielski - UM - 1/72 - Iraqi

Shark - bis - 1/48 - ??

31Tiger - F7-II - 1/32 - PLAAF

Raymond - PM - 1/144 - ??

-----

david sMiGielski - MLD - 1/72 - ??

Skull Leader - ?? - 1/72 - ??

Swedish Mick - MF - 1/72 - ??

-----

Zmey Smirnoff - PD - 1/48 - ??

Backfire - ?? - 1/72 - UkrAF 'Blue 56'

-----

david sMiGielski - ?? - ?? - ??

-----

fulcrum driver - ?? - ?? - ??

109g6 - ?? - 1/72 - ??

Backfire - ?? - 1/72 - Ukrainian Falcons Demo Team

joachim - ?? - 1/48 - Ukrainian Demo Team

joachim - ?? - 1/72 - ??

Damian - ?? - 1/48 - 'Prowling Red Devils'

Valkyrie - ?? - 1/48 - India or Bangladesh

fulcrum - SE - 1/48 - Fuerza Aerea del Peru

Shark - UB - 1/48 - ??

Shark - A - 1/48 - ??

Raymond - ?? - 1/144 - ??

AlexP - ?? - 1/48 - ??

Swedish Mick - A - 1/72 - ??

Aidy - UB - 1/48 - ??

Gerfaut - A - 1/144 - 'The Swifts'

Gerfaut - A - 1/144 - 'JF-3'

Gerfaut - A - 1/144 - ??

-----

Shark - ?? - 1/48 - ??

Edited by scalemdlr_svaz

Hi friends, can i be part of this GB? i want to go with 1/48 Academy MIG-29A converted in MIG-29SE, Fulcrum C from Fuerza Aerea del Peru.

additionally i would like to donate three 1/48 Pisco Models MIG-29 resin noses for the winners!

Please reply soon!

Greetings from Peru :cheers:

Edited by fulcrum
  • 2 weeks later...

Extract from ARC Group Build Calendar and Guidelines:

Raffle prizes may be procured by the build organizers, but this is not a requirement for approval. Any responsibility for the distribution of raffle prizes will rest with the build organizer. The ARC Staff makes no claim of warranty, implied or actual, for the timely distribution of raffle prizes, or for any loss or damage as a result of shipping said prizes. Also, prizes are to be distributed as a result of raffle only, as group builds are not intended to be run as contests.
Edited by Mandrake
That's right, folks......raffles only. Group Builds are NOT contests, and any prizes are to be distributed via raffle.

I got it, it was a misunderstanding, i agree with the raffle prizes. This is not a contest.

Greetings from Peru. :cheers:

hi!

here is an ademdum:

Shark - UB - 1/48 - ??

This will be a Manga Red Devil MiG29UB. so this is the update:

Shark - UB - 1/48 - Manga Red Devil

sorry - still not decided on scheme for 21Bis, 29A or 31 ... but all 3 are in progress too.

Said

Edited by Shark
  • 2 weeks later...

Any chance a Mig 1.44 kit could participate? Granted it is after 1991, but it is sort of Mig 29 based in the cockpit department, had been on the drawing board seemingly for a long time and is the subject of two kits (Revell in 1/144 and Zvezda in 1/72). If not, no biggie. I've always got the Zvezda Mig-31 to do if I get around to participating.

"Hiya

your more than welcome to join us with a MiG 1.44! The outline page is jsut an outline, were pretty flexible here smile.gif

One thing i will have to point out though, is that a MiG 1.44 wont be eligible for prises from the raffle, as the raffle will be conducted per aircraft class and the scope of the build is primarily from the mig-15 - mig-31.

regards

Raymond "

Edited by Raymond
"Hiya

your more than welcome to join us with a MiG 1.44! The outline page is jsut an outline, were pretty flexible here smile.gif

One thing i will have to point out though, is that a MiG 1.44 wont be eligible for prises from the raffle, as the raffle will be conducted per aircraft class and the scope of the build is primarily from the mig-15 - mig-31.

regards

Raymond "

Would this policy change with demand, if for example several people wanted to submit Mig 1.44 ?

Not unless someone can pony up a sponsor for the 1.44 class. Hi-Decal, Pisco Models, and Lindenhill have been very generous - I can't, in good conscious, ask Raymond to beg for more*. :thumbsup:

The GB is about fun and the love of МиГ ОКБ aircraft. If there were a popular call for a props category or catergories, and we had the sponsorship, I wouldn't have a problem with it & I don't think Raymond would either.

*honestly, I couldn't talk an Eskimo out of a spare snowcone.

• 4 weeks later...

hiya

go to www.imageshack.us, where u can upload your photos. Copy the address form the "direct link" supplied on the page.

Then when typing ur message click on the IMG button, then right click ur mouse and go PASTE.

shoudl look like: www.imageshack.us/716283mig-21kb.jpg[ /IMG] in the message (minus the space at the beginning)

or you can use the upload function at the bottom of the post page, but photos need to be under 80kb

Regards

Raymond

mig 21 MF "ethiopian airforce" 1/72 kit by KP http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/6702/planes0046zu.jpg

hope you can see this!! i only brush paint, (until now i never had the nerve to even look for an aibrush!) to those of you who do not know i am legally blind,so i know my models are not up to tandards but oh well< i have fun doing them regardless!!!

• 1 month later...

QUOTE:

Can anyone still join in? I have a Nigerian MiG-17 in 72nd scale. It should be done in the next couple of weeks.

David

David i am not a moderator or even anything close to that but i say BRING IT ON!! i sure want to see it!! what do you say raymond and bill? <_< gary

Edited by farmerboy
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...