Wooooooo, I actually came second place in the Star Wars contest on starshipmodeler.com

:o

I cant believe this, I'm chuffed to bits especially as this was voted for by fellow modelers. I know its not first place but to me it feels like it.

:lol:

Congratulations!!! Which entry was yours? And can you provide us with the direct link to the contest? I remember someone posted a link to the entries a short while back, and there was some great work in there, esp in the scratchbuilding....

:thumbsup:

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

The lighting is done with 12 led's (4 blue, 7 white, 1 green) and a few fibre optic strands. They're all wired in parallel and powered by a single 9V battery which is housed internally between the rear undercarriage struts (anybody who knows the MPC Falcon kit will know where I mean)

I fitted the panel between the struts with a couple of hinges and a clasp made from plastic rod/tube so that I can access the battery and switch to turn the lights on or off.

The fibre optics feed off led's to light the cockpit and access ramp.

Holy Shnikeys that's sweet!

I do have 1 itty-bitty accuracy gripe though. It has to do with Luke's position in the gun turret. First, Luke didn't sit in the upper gun turret, he went to the lower one. Second, when he was in a gun turret, Han was in the upper one, and Leia and Chewie were flying. Third, Luke never went in the gun turret of the 5-leg Falcon. LIke i said... minor.

AWESOME idea for using the photo behind the window though!! Your Falcon is still a buttload better than mine!!

Holy Shnikeys that's sweet!

I do have 1 itty-bitty accuracy gripe though. It has to do with Luke's position in the gun turret. First, Luke didn't sit in the upper gun turret, he went to the lower one. Second, when he was in a gun turret, Han was in the upper one, and Leia and Chewie were flying. Third, Luke never went in the gun turret of the 5-leg Falcon. LIke i said... minor.

AWESOME idea for using the photo behind the window though!! Your Falcon is still a buttload better than mine!!

:sunrevolves:

didnt see much point putting him in the lower gun because he wouldnt be seen.

Just use your imagination a bit more and think of some battle the falcon was involved in that wasnt seen on screen.

:blink: :cop:

didnt see much point putting him in the lower gun because he wouldnt be seen.

Just use your imagination a bit more and think of some battle the falcon was involved in that wasnt seen on screen.

Well, I did say it was an "itty bitty" gripe. It's still awesome!