trying to get hold of a 1/72nd x-wing

hiya!

with all the SW hype recently, ive been rewatching the origionals, and have fallen for the x-wing!

one problem is, I onyl found 1 X wing kit in new zealand after going through hobbyshops/trademe and that was the big AMT electronic kit, going for over $100!

it is prohibitivly expensive to get the new finmolds X wing shipped in (try $50-60!) i was wondering has anyone out there got any of theold MPC/AMT/ETRL 1/61? kit, that they woudl be willing to part with?

I am more than willing to trade for the kit or work out some other arragement :cheers:

thanks in advance

regards

Raymond

Edited by Raymond

Raymond

I don't know where in New Zealand that you are from, but my wife and I recently visited there and came across "Modelcrafts and Hobbies" in Wellington and it was great. They had a very good scifi section which was extremely well priced. With the rerelease of the a lot of the old AMT kits I'm sure that they would have them

The guy behind the counter didn't know what to think as 2 Aussie Tourists walked his shop in wonder (and complaining that we didn't have enough room in our luggage to take much) and was surprised again that my wife complained more than I did.

Their website is

http://www.aspdirect.co.nz/secure/cgi-bin/...&company=models

Hope this helps

Dagwood

:lol:

thats my local "watering hole" dagwood!

:woo: im glad u like the store,the guys (peter and richard) are really nice!!!!

are they re-releacing the AMT kits??? this sounds promising! but arnt they onyl large scale?

EDIT:

SHizit!! jstu checked the prices, there uber expensive, seeing $28 in australia!!!

regards

Raymond

Edited by Raymond

The only re-releases I want are the A-wing (although I am not sure they are being released) and the Snow Speeder

I have the most excellent Fine Molds X-wing and am aiming to get both TIE's!

:cheers:

MikeJ

hi

cheers guys

sadly the link dossnt work randy :( ive seen some on ebay, but i cant bid on ebay, as i cant afford the banking fees of sending money over the globe, ane dont have a Card for paypal :)

madmike: hwo much did u pay for ur finemolds kit? im thinking i might jsut slug it out and save up for it, but HLJ has it listed as OOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man, makes me wish Id keept my toy x wing i had AGES ago and done a huge overhall on it! btu the price of that rerealeaced snap tite kit which im after is quite disusting! unles anyoen has a finemodls kit lying around! :huh: jks

:cheers:

regards

Raymond

Edited by Raymond
hi

cheers guys

sadly the link dossnt work randy :( ive seen some on ebay, but i cant bid on ebay, as i cant afford the banking fees of sending money over the globe, ane dont have a Card for paypal :(

madmike: hwo much did u pay for ur finemolds kit? im thinking i might jsut slug it out and save up for it, but HLJ has it listed as OOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man, makes me wish Id keept my toy x wing i had AGES ago and done a huge overhall on it! btu the price of that rerealeaced snap tite kit which im after is quite disusting! unles anyoen has a finemodls kit lying around! :cheers: jks

:huh:

regards

Raymond

Ray

I got mine for AU$36 including postage

They have or are re-releasing the AMT X-wing mate, you might be able to get one of those?

;)

MikeJ

I got mine for AU$36 including postage

They have or are re-releasing the AMT X-wing mate, you might be able to get one of those?

that seems fairly reasonable :lol:

remind me never to look at ebay again......so many kits, so cheap prices........so high shipping :P im gonna chekc otu those scary sci-fi/comic places that smell rather funky tommorow hopefully...

Edit: not cool, our distributer is not getting in the Xwing in its announced 'new arivals', this is mind boggling, one woudl have though it woudl make good business sence to capitalise of the latest movie and get a whole lot of kits out into the market, rather than importing a couple :D

....people wonder why businesses fail......

Edited by Raymond
  • 2 weeks later...

HI guys try www best 1 hobby.com they have Fine Molds X wing in stock. Just bought

one for $35.00 and $6.00 shipping. They are southern California and Ken, Eric are real nice guys to deal with.

P.S. I just saw the old AMT kits for $18.00 (I think that was the price) at a local shop. :monkeydance:

Hiya guys!

well, mission over!

My hobby shop had the snap tite in, ive gotten so tired of trying to track down a kit, i got them to hold it, and ill pick it up tommorow!! :D

i know its toylike and innaccurate, but i Absolutly love scratchbuilding, so im looking foward to converting the heck outa it!! with new cast canopy, cockpit laser cannons etc should be quite fun!

ofcourse now Murphy will make sure finemolds will pop up on Trademe in the hundreds! :) or theyl appear in bulk for $2 ro somethign else to ruin the purchase!

Regards

Raymond

I bit the bullet and have bought every single SW release from Fine Molds via Hobby Link or Hobby Search Japan. From memory, the X-Wing landed (including shipping to Auckland) at around NZ$45 - $50, and well worth it compared to any of the POS AMT kits. Slave I has been the most expensive at around the $120 mark (including shipping) but still worth it, and I'll definitely be getting the MF when it is released, though I'm expecting it to hit around $250 (just means I won't get the big Tamiya F-16, not that I had any desire to really do one). The TIEs were the cheapest at under $40 each, and the Jedi Starfighter at around $60.

hiya

ausome craig! :D glad to hear ur enjoying ur purchases!

i realise the finemolds kit is lightyears ahead of the AMT ones, but i Know if I forked out a '50 for a finemolds my wallet woudl never forgive me.

also I really enjoy taking basic kits and cutting them to pieces and extensivly reworkign them, the ol "purse out of a sows ear' sorta thing , so in a way the AMTs appeal to me more than a OOB perfect finemolds!

...suppose i shoudl book to see Dr. Johnsen again! :)

regards

Raymond