Heres my SMT Y wing. This kit cost me quite a bit but its been well worth it.. The Y wing is one of my favourites. Its been real fun to build, what with the metal rod bending etc.I thought that the T section parts at the back were gonna be a nightmare to line up but they were fine. A real beautiful kit and i cant wait to paint it, althought i have a bit more work to do before that, then its on to my studio scale Tie interceptor!

Nice job! Yes, I got that beast when it was finally released...STILL have it, in fact....gotta get the right time to build something that big (almost all 1/72 for me). Glad to hear the engines aren't as bad as they seem...that's major comfort to me! :worship:

Both of the SMT Y-wings (Generation 1 and Generation 2) came in white resin. The Generation 2 molds were casted in a less shiny, higher quality resin.

Looks like you have the Generation 2 kit.

There is talk that Fine Molds may come out with a 1/72nd scale... this will be awhile off since they are busy with their MF.

There is also talk that JMJModels will do a 1/48 Y-wing after the success of the tie bomber.

Finally, there is a Studio Scale Y-wing that may be produced, but it is shrouded in secrecy... I'm guessing the master makers are negotiating a deal.

Edited by My_name_1s_MUD

Mine is the second generation one.It red oxide primer. It was all i had at the time!

Ive put it aside for a little while while i do some other stuff.

here it is with the pipework painted with a mixture of dark copper and bronze.Still lots of painting and weathering to be done yet

Edited by gunpowder