Tamiya PRU Mosquito

Not having completed a build in years, I'm on a tear now. With the Lanc and the A4 out of the way, I'm back to a 1/48th prop. I'm still following my new building creed of minimal research and keeping things simple and moving along. So I chose Tamiya excellent Mosquito. I'm doing a PRU version as I have a soft spot for PRU aircraft having grown up near RAF Benson and being addicted to Spitfires. Lot of PRU history in that area. This build is completely OOB, although I junked the decal belts for masking tape.

These are all the cockpit parts just before fuselage assembly. I didn't bother to remove all the ejector pin marks. They won't be easily seen once its closed up.

I wish I had better closeups of the Instrument Panel (The flash washed them out).

I junked the kit decal and used Mike Grant 1/48 and 1/72 instruments instead. What a great product. Ideal for these Tamiya kits with raised detail instrument panels with no instrument face detail. I highly recommend getting some.

Cheers,

Matt

Closeup.

Paints are Tamiya IJN Cockpit green and a mox of PollyScale and Citadel.

The wash was a future/pastel/flat coat affair. First time I've tried it on a cockpit. Not sure I'll do it again. I think Oils work better for me here.

And with the belts. Tamiya tape folder over and cut into strips.

Painted a leather colour (mid brown) then stippled buff with a work out brush cut very short. First time I've tried that to try and get a texture. Came out better than I thought.

I'm not sure if I should have had Sutton or Q Type harnesses here, but Suttons are much easier to do.