The laser emitter end, which is the valve cap from a baritone (about a half-size Tuba, for those of you non-musical types).

:worship:

looks good mate

so is there any lights and sounds with it?

:worship:

*sigh* no, I'm afraid not...just looks and feels pretty....although, considering the musical instrument parts that went into it, it would be funny to be able to play music with it.... :lol:

I can make pretty good saber sounds with an empty paper tube.

'another hobby of yours i sence?'

:nanner: jks

Wow that looks really cool!!! great idea using musical instrument parts......just tell me onyl dud instruments were used in the makign of this sabre!!

'Ur skills are complete'

so the bigquestion: if it had a bladewoudl it be red or blue? ;)

....or purple? :thumbsup:

:P

regards

Raymond

I can make pretty good saber sounds with an empty paper tube.

'another hobby of yours i sence?'

:cheers: jks

Wow that looks really cool!!! great idea using musical instrument parts......just tell me onyl dud instruments were used in the makign of this sabre!!

'Ur skills are complete'

so the bigquestion: if it had a bladewoudl it be red or blue? :cheers:

....or purple? :cheers:

:bandhead2:

regards

Raymond

I can assure you that no harm was brought to working instruments! :P Nice thing about being a music teacher in the inner city public schools is that I have access to the school district's instrument boneyard, where old beat up and worn out instruments are sent to be picked of usable parts and then junked.

see, now youve got to make yourself darth mauls double ended sabre! doh! id also love to see one with a real blade, not plasma of course, but get some high strength lexan and put a side glow fiber optic down it. it would look freakin sweet! the sounds of course would still be with your mouth, nothing works better! hmmmwaaa, bwwwaaaa, bwaaaaa,m kkkkkraaakkaka, bwaaa,waaa,waaa. impressive, most impressive

The laser emitter end

Lightsabers don't emit laser light, they emit plasma energy :thumbsup:

Yeah, I'm a nerd.

You're correct but unfortunately the term "laser sword" was used on the prequel movies.

George Lucas said everything in his SW world should be believable but had to have a strange and not-from-this-earth name, and then he writes "laser sword" on the scripts. Go figure...

GG

The laser emitter end

Lightsabers don't emit laser light, they emit plasma energy ;)

Yeah, I'm a nerd.

You're correct but unfortunately the term "laser sword" was used on the prequel movies.

George Lucas said everything in his SW world should be believable but had to have a strange and not-from-this-earth name, and then he writes "laser sword" on the scripts. Go figure...

GG

Good observation...although it could easily be chalked up to a kid talking about stuff he doesn't FULLY understand...speaking as a teacher, this is an everyday occurrance.

The laser emitter end

Lightsabers don't emit laser light, they emit plasma energy ;)

Yeah, I'm a nerd.

GG

Good observation...although it could easily be chalked up to a kid talking about stuff he doesn't FULLY understand...speaking as a teacher, this is an everyday occurrance.

I think thats exactly what it is, Anakin sees the lightsabre and knows what it is but doesnt know its correct name.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, but it's always painful to see George himself talk about "laser swords" in interviews. The man should hypothetically be the biggest Star Wars geek on the planet, but he doesn't even use his own terminology. It's frankly a little disappointing. IT'd be like Tolkien talking about "little midget people" instead of "hobbits"