VFA-143 Showbird

interesting... looks alot like the retro Pukin Dog that was on that F-14B... Thanks for sharing Gerry!

It looks "different" with the almost same markings on the inside of the vertical stabs... very interesting...

Well, don't get too excited fellas. VFA-143 will be loosing those 1xx series side numbers come July. They'll be getting the 2xx series.

However, not too shaby...for s super hornette.

Brian Marbrey

However, not too shaby...for s super hornette.

Yeah, nice to see all these squadrons trade up to a REAL plane after flying a *****-cat for so long ... :) :)

Well the markings are alright, could have been alot worse, so i'm mildly content with the markings, still the blue is too dark and i sorry but every super hornet just looks wrong with the tail codes not on the rudders (yes i know the suppossed reasons why they do this.)

Anyhow thanks for the great pictures alert5 :)

Well the markings are alright, could have been alot worse, so i'm mildly content with the markings, still the blue is too dark and i sorry but every super hornet just looks wrong with the tail codes not on the rudders (yes i know the suppossed reasons why they do this.)

Anyhow thanks for the great pictures alert5 :o

Think I know which squadron will adorn my first Echo, when I finally get it finished.

Oliver , what is the reason for moving the tailcodes off the rudders, or will you have to kill me if you tell me.

I don't wanna be a drag but I'm not too crazy about the markings. I know they are temporary but compared to VFA-2 and 102 markings they seem kinda...plain

I don't wanna be a drag but I'm not too crazy about the markings. I know they are temporary but compared to VFA-2 and 102 markings they seem kinda...plain

Are you lookin' at the same photos I am?!?!

Surely can't be because

The Dawg's showbird ROCKS!

To each their own I guess....

Anyhow thanks for the great pictures alert5 :sunrevolves:

Think I know which squadron will adorn my first Echo, when I finally get it finished.

Oliver , what is the reason for moving the tailcodes off the rudders, or will you have to kill me if you tell me.

If i remember right its because the rudder is made out of some kind of composite material, and paint stripper can cause real damage to it, also i think it might be down to the inter-changability of parts and swapping a rudder from one squadron to another would necessitate the paint stripping. Best to get one of the NAVAIR folks to answer the question better though.

I too am also gonna be on the lookout for marking for this bird, and if i fudge the decals together from a tomcat might be my first superbug build.

Guest mr. tomcat

Here's a view of the starboard side of the VFA-143 showbird. I had the big lens on the analog camera when she landed. Glad Gerry captured this historic event. This jet did not fly again so I caught it on the ramp. Any Pukin Dawg is a Good Dog.

Ya know whats even better, its clean! NO WEATHERING wahoooooo I might get to build a clean model again!!

Jack aka BUGFAN

Amen brother. dark ghost gray and light ghost gray. thats it

NO PRE-SHADING

POST-SHADING

PATCH PAINTING

OIL STREAKS

FOOT PRINTS

all the things that made painting Tomcats fun....

just a panel line wash and voila!