Spinners&Details

Very cool pics Thomas. Thank you for sharing them. I especially like the second one, as it makes me feel a bit better about the spiral decal I had to put on my Dora.

They didn't get it straight either. :)

They didn't get it straight either

I noticed that too, which made me think of all the other times we go to painstaking efforts to mask dead straight lines for what were, in fact, hand painted lines on the real thing.

Like D-Day invasion stripes, which were, in a lot of cases, anything BUT straight!

Brings into question the 'restored' warbirds we see, I often wonder if actual wartime examples were ever that carefully painted and finished.

Cheers

Matt

They didn't get it straight either

I noticed that too, which made me think of all the other times we go to painstaking efforts to mask dead straight lines for what were, in fact, hand painted lines on the real thing.

Like D-Day invasion stripes, which were, in a lot of cases, anything BUT straight!

Brings into question the 'restored' warbirds we see, I often wonder if actual wartime examples were ever that carefully painted and finished.

Cheers

Matt

Unfortunately those imperfections rarely translate well to a scale model. Wonky invasion stripes just look badly done, and the same goes for an inconsistent spinner spiral. The 'artistic impression v. absolute accuracy' issue rears its head again.

Speaking of translating, Babelfish has a hard time with the Deutsches in the spinner.

"Verstarkungsslege gemass Anderungsanweisung Nr. 55 nicht erforderlich"

comes out as

"Verstarkungsslege in accordance with-ate instruction for other one NR. 55 not necessarily"

Edited by Slartibartfast