I'll add a third opinion for adding more soot. Also, keep in mind that the part closest to the turbine is much darker than the parts closest to the end of the engine. Here's a look up a Colorado ANG block 30 to show what I'm talking about. There is a very wide variety of appearances to the exhaust, so don't be afraid to experiment.

Jake

I'll add a third opinion for adding more soot. Also, keep in mind that the part closest to the turbine is much darker than the parts closest to the end of the engine. Here's a look up a Colorado ANG block 30 to show what I'm talking about. There is a very wide variety of appearances to the exhaust, so don't be afraid to experiment.

Jake

Jake,

Those dark stripes in the burner can - is that from engine use (soot and the like), or are they actually part of the engine? If they are part of the engine, what color are they? They look kind of gunmetal-ish to me.

Thanks!

Jake,

Those dark stripes in the burner can - is that from engine use (soot and the like), or are they actually part of the engine?

Thanks!

You know, I'm really not sure. They appear to be part of the engine, as a very unscientific search through my photos shows many, but not all, GE engines have those stripes. This may be a question for a Viper fixer/driver.

I think your exhaust looks much better now.

Jake