make your Vote Count

Dammmmmnnnnnn. This is way too much like being asked to judge at a competition. I once walked around with my Dad at the IPMS (UK) Nats to judge the Humbrol Trophy and believe me, it wasn't fun. Just how in the world do you separate models of such high standard? Of course, the more knowledgeable would point out minor inaccuracies in colour schemes and/or colours used, perhaps there is a glaring error concerning some piece of equipment. Maybe the builder didn't quite finish a seam to the same standard as the next guy. Maybe they used the wrong shade of red on the instrument bezels. Geeeezzzz just how far do you nit pick to choose?

Does it come down to having a favourite aircraft type? Is it build OOB or modified and extensively "resined*/brassed"? Is it weathered/unweathered or have panel lines washed in? Who knows.

What I do know is that I either can't or more accurately, don't want to choose. My solution is simple. I reckon all you guys deserve hats (or perhaps one hat and it spends a little while with each of you)!

Keep it up guys, you keep setting "impossible" standards for us to aim at and I for one doubt if I will ever reach them.

Sorry for waffling a little there.

Regards, as always

Willie

* Resined & Brassed. Ummm,,, not sure if these are "true" words, but they were all I could think of. :thumbsup:

Dammmmmnnnnnn. This is way too much like being asked to judge at a competition. I once walked around with my Dad at the IPMS (UK) Nats to judge the Humbrol Trophy and believe me, it wasn't fun. Just how in the world do you separate models of such high standard? Of course, the more knowledgeable would point out minor inaccuracies in colour schemes and/or colours used, perhaps there is a glaring error concerning some piece of equipment. Maybe the builder didn't quite finish a seam to the same standard as the next guy. Maybe they used the wrong shade of red on the instrument bezels. Geeeezzzz just how far do you nit pick to choose?

Does it come down to having a favourite aircraft type? Is it build OOB or modified and extensively "resined*/brassed"? Is it weathered/unweathered or have panel lines washed in? Who knows.

What I do know is that I either can't or more accurately, don't want to choose. My solution is simple. I reckon all you guys deserve hats (or perhaps one hat and it spends a little while with each of you)!

Keep it up guys, you keep setting "impossible" standards for us to aim at and I for one doubt if I will ever reach them.

Sorry for waffling a little there.

Regards, as always

Willie

* Resined & Brassed. Ummm,,, not sure if these are "true" words, but they were all I could think of. <_<

sorry you feel that way but the vote wasnt my call, I just wanted to insure everyone had a equal chance (reason for this post in the prop section by a group of peers). so as you said any number of factors will apply, not just how great a subject or paint colors or building style. The only "standard" is having a little fun... it's just a hat and everyone in the build will be getting a set of decals of their choice (thanks Steve@NAH):thumbsup:

I did vote. But I've got to compliment each and every entrant on their superior builds. They're a real inspiration and encouragement to my own building, and will make me a better modeler.

By the way, the hat suits you. Dude.

-Charlie