The local IPMS chapter will be having a display coming up in Oct. at the Peoria Public libary and this years theme is X planes and such so this is another build for that. Hope you enjoy ! Thanks for looking, Randy

Anigrand 1/72 resin X-18

c2079035.jpg

80bcd0f7.jpg

9b7368c9.jpg

adb81734.jpg

IIRC the X-18 had a pitch control feature which utilized a kind of "vectored thrust" from that rear-exiting pipe, which was the exhaust from a (third) internal jet engine.

Fantastic. I always want to build one of those but I am worried about the fit of the vac canopy. Yours looks great. How was the fit?

The vac canopy is just the upper part above the door side windows those I done in white glue. the upper canopy was a easy fit to do. Thanks for looking, Randy

That looks great!

I have a big soft spot for esoteric and unusual aircraft and your fine build certainly fits that description!

I have the Anigrand 1:72 McDonnell XV-1 Convertiplane in my stash to build one day.

:worship:

MikeJ

Fantastic.  I always want to build one of those but I am worried about the fit of the vac canopy.  Yours looks great.  How was the fit?

Here is a pic of the canopy area, the side windows I used that Micro Scale Crystal Clear or what I call white glue. So it was just the upper part that has the vac canopy part. Hope that helps and thanks for looking. Randy

X-18painted5.jpg