Walkaround F-16A OCU block 5

hello here is the first part of my walkaround of a Dutch F-16A OCU, I only got some cockpit pics online, have to wait for some more space. the walkaround will be somewhere between the 300 and 400 pics, all the pics are in 1024 x 768.

itF-16A Walkaround

I hope you like it, O and I would love to here some reactions, and maybe some tips

Edited by Spunk-Y

nice pics i love to see what else you have mate. It sure is a smart looking viper. i like it. B)

dont mean to be nitpicking :cheers: but didnt you mean a block 15 bird because it has the enlarged tail. they only had small stabs untill block 10.

greetz STB :nanner:

it was built as a block 5, but later on alle the dutch aircrafts got some updates to make them more the same, that was including the enlarged tail, if I read it correct in the aircraft Form that was for this aircraft done in 1992, it also got the radio alti meter, I think the bock 5's don't have them

Spunk-Y

I only pulled up three pictures when I loaded the page, however the ones that where there are the kind that are very useful to modelers. I would look forward to seeing some more where those came from.

Thanks a lot,

-Jared

dont mean to be nitpicking :cheers:  but didnt you mean a block 15 bird because it has the enlarged tail. they only had small stabs untill block 10.

J-234 (78-0234) is indeed a Block 05. As Spunk-Y noted, many NATO Block 01/05/10 jets have been updated, and many (not all) were fitted with the larger H-tails at that time.

Another give-away is that the lower IFF/UHF blade antenna is under the intake on Block 01/05/10 jets, and the antenna was moved back between the ventral fins on Block 15 and up. Also 15-up sprouted the two small IFF blades under/behind the radome.

Viper trivia, one of my favorite subjects...

nice pics BTW, thanks for posting B)

Cool, thats the aircraft wich they also painted with a special tail at the Open Days 2003 at Twenthe into the 90th Anniversary , and alos into the 50th anniversary of the 315Sqn sadly no longer operating.

do you have some tail close-ups too?

I have some close-ups of the special markings on the aircraft, Sadly I don't have them of the other 2 paintings, I find it a shame that the overpainted the 315 sqn markings because those where great, I do'n like these makrings it has now. it's just like a postcard when somebody has died (but that is my opinion).

But for the close-ups you have to wait till I got some other webspace, I'm at the max where I am now, and I have to share the space with a friend, I hope my brothers webserver will be up soon.

Also 15-up sprouted the two small IFF blades under/behind the radome.

Thanks very much for that habu2. I've been working on a Block 10 slowly over the last six months or so and while I fixed most of the antenna issues I didn't realize the two small antennas under and just behind the radome should be removed. I quickly went to the CAS viper page and sure enough, I had missed in the profile views that those antennas are absent. As I haven't painted the model yet the removal should be easy.

And to keep this on track, thanks for the great photos Spunk-Y. The ones of the cockpit are really useful.

Do you have any close-up shots (particularly the upper surface) of any of the small stabs? Or is this the only plane you'll be posting pictures of?

Edited by David Walker

Are we long-lost brothers?? :crying:

Good shots. They should be really helpful to superdetailing folks.

Jake

I'm sorry this is the only plane, got no more time to put in a request to take pictures of the F-16AM MLU. The J-234 is grounded as I said in the text of the walkaround, I could take picture of it when I wanted, because its a little outdated. If I want to take pictures like that of active aircrafts I have to put in a request and all that stuff <_<

dont mean to be nitpicking :unsure:  but didnt you mean a block 15 bird because it has the enlarged tail. they only had small stabs untill block 10.

J-234 (78-0234) is indeed a Block 05. As Spunk-Y noted, many NATO Block 01/05/10 jets have been updated, and many (not all) were fitted with the larger H-tails at that time.

Another give-away is that the lower IFF/UHF blade antenna is under the intake on Block 01/05/10 jets, and the antenna was moved back between the ventral fins on Block 15 and up. Also 15-up sprouted the two small IFF blades under/behind the radome.

nice pics BTW, thanks for posting :thumbsup:

ok thanx for the info never knew that.

this is one of the many reasons its so hard for a newbie to determine all the differnet blocks but im learning here.

sorry spunky i didnt know this.

but like i said nice pics, and i hope you will have the extra space you need if not pm me because i know a cheap and good provider.

greetz STB :wave:

Oke thanks for the advise STB, but I think it won't take that long, my brothers moves out at the end of this month, and I think he wil get his webserver up pretty soon after that (I hope within two months) and maybe I can use space from another friends webserver (but He doesn't how to create an account on is server, so need to ask some guys around how that works :thumbsup:)

Hey Michiel

Its not tottaly scrape :unsure: the aircraft is complete, we've got some spares taken from the J-247 (old USA jet if I'm correct) but at this moment a lot of panels are removed because we are bussy with a 200 hours phase inspection. Sadly the gun compartment isn't open :thumbsup: so I got no pics of that.

But as of the MLU jets Habu2 maybe you can check out f-16.net because there are only MLU-jets active.

and Michiel do you have some descent cockpit shots of the MLU-cockpit (front and aft)???

Edited by Spunk-Y