RSAF Static Display

Republic of Singapore Air Force held its 12th annual runway cycling day. The runway at Paya Lebar Air Base is opened up for public to cycle and rollerblade. A few of the aircrafts were on display. I was there to photograph some of them.

The only country to operate the S model of the Tiger II

RSAF F-5S

1st public view of the F-16D Blk 52+ with CFT and Litening III pod! They took out the sharpshooter pod and match it with the pathfinder. According to the CO, they have been doing that since the a/c returned from the USA. The pods are shared with other F-16 squadrons too. Missing from the Blk 52 + were the DASH helmet mount sensor on top of the canopy. The pilots says it will be installed sometime in the future.

F-16s

Chinook

E-2C, C-130 and Fokker 50

The Fokker 50 was modified for maritime patrol and you can see the pylons mounted on the fueslage for installation of Harpoon missiles.

Props

Cool pics..

One question though, what's the "blob" on the left hand side of the F 16 D cockpit, just ahead and below of the canopy? (next to the bird slicers)

Harald

have an F 16 D (Hasegawa) that I hope to modify and build as a RSAF bird..

RWR = Radar Warning Receiver

It lets the pilots know when they're being scanned by radar, and by having sensors located in different positions around the airframe, e.g. front, flanks and rear, it can also tell him from which direction he's being scanned.

Finally!!!! Some photos of the Blk 52+ Vipers!!!! I have been waiting to see these for ages. I can finally get back on my RSAF Viper, glad to see the decals that Scale Nutz did are right. I think I may had to get that Isradecal F-16I conversion now!

Mean looking viper with all those lumps and bumps and everything hanging off it.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I think it will look great amongst my normal vipers.

Also I thought that RSAF wasn't allowed to get the AMRAAM as it" would destabilise the region". Don't they also have Python 5 (or 4) missiles as well?

Cheers Alert5 for the post!!!

Jason

Finally!!!!  Some photos of the Blk 52+ Vipers!!!!  I have been waiting to see these for ages.  I can finally get back on my RSAF Viper, glad to see the decals that Scale Nutz did are right.  I think I may had to get that Isradecal F-16I conversion now!

Mean looking viper with all those lumps and bumps and everything hanging off it.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I think it will look great amongst my normal vipers.

Also I thought that RSAF wasn't allowed to get the AMRAAM as it" would destabilise the region".  Don't they also have Python 5 (or 4) missiles as well?

Cheers Alert5 for the post!!!

Jason

They can have Slammers but all the 'white ones' are stored in CONUS. We can only have captives in country unless there's a war. :blink:

As for the Python IVs- No Comments! B)

Unconfirmed report from a little bird tells me the RF-5S are retired and used for spares. Also from the pics, looks like the dreaded poolong of a/c is in effect as 823 is in 141 Sqn markings while the crews and ground covers and stuff are all from 149 Sqn.

Not long for the F5 force till retirement! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Edited by torchf4

Nice pictures.........

Like the F-5 pics..........seldom one see the centerline pylon with bombs........or at least I seldom see that...........

Cheers

Mr b]