Air Power Over Hampton Roads 2005

Simply outstanding! That must've been quite an airshow. Our measly little one in Smyrna TN this year just PALES in comparison.

Isn't the 20d an incredible camera? I borrowed my friend's recently and just fell in love.

Great shots, thanks for sharing!

michael

Damn Jolly Rogers bugs...just all over the freakin' place, ain't they :thumbsup: !

Just kiddin' :blink: :thumbsup:

Awesome pics, man! Wish I could've gone (hell, I wish I could travel to all the airshows across America). My faves were the F-15C pics B) .

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

There were a lot more empty spaces on the ramp, than I am used to seeing. Part of that is no doubt the consolidation of airframe types.

Regards,

Murph

Totally stunning photos dude :wave:

On some of them for ex a cupple of the Thunderbirds shots I would endeavour to get the entire plane in the shot.

I did see the same on some of your animal shots from the zoo. Try not to cut of part of the animals body. IE if your doing a headshot of a tiger, get the whole head in the shot, not chop of an ear, or the "scalp", and instead show the background in some way.

Also if you are shooting a bird, don't slize off half the beak, go for a portrait instead and make sure you get all "parts" inside the shot.

Cheers :huh:

S A

WOW,

Thanks everybody! :cheers:

It's great to see all the positive replies and even one on

how I should shoot :o :) But anywho....

Thanks again everybody.

Soon will have pics from Selfridge up.

cheers :wave:

Steven

That's a great shot of the backseater in the Super Hornet, who has the fingers cut off his gloves...***? Not the brightest idea I've ever seen.

At that point, you might as well not wear them at all.

Sheesh...

-Waco

Waco,

What's the reason why pilots wear gloves? Is it protection from if and when one has to eject? To keep your fingers warm?

Just wanting to know more. :unsure:

Great Pics! I think you saw every plane that is on my "wish list" of planes to see flying that I haven't seen yet.

Thanks Jason,

My wish list would include Su-30 MKI, Typhoon, Gripen and maybe a mig-29! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :wave:

Steven

Waco,

What's the reason why pilots wear gloves? Is it protection from if and when one has to eject? To keep your fingers warm?

Just wanting to know more. :unsure:

Great Pics! I think you saw every plane that is on my "wish list" of planes to see flying that I haven't seen yet.

Thanks Jason,

My wish list would include Su-30 MKI, Typhoon, Gripen and maybe a mig-29! :thumbsup:

Cheers, :wave:

Steven

Steven,

Fire protection. They make sure, while going through pilot training, to show you some rather gruesome burn images from airplane crashes. At one time there might have been some reason not to wear gloves, or to cut the fingers out (back when aircrew used thicker, leather gloves) but the nomex/leather gloves now are so thin there is absolutely no excuse. Anybody not wearing them is simply making a fashion (and intelligence) statement; I've never had any problem with cockpit switchology wearing the standard issue flight gloves.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph

Thanks Murph, :thumbsup:

I knew there had to be a reason, just did not know.

Anybody not wearing them is simply making a fashion (and intelligence) statement

I agree.

Steven

Anybody not wearing them is simply making a fashion (and intelligence) statement; I've never had any problem with cockpit switchology wearing the standard issue flight gloves.

Which is why its ridiculous to cut the fingers out of the damn things. As I said, you might as well not wear them at all, because they're certainly not giving you any fire protection.

The opposite end of the spectrum is the individuals who opt to wear the gloves, but then proceed to roll their sleeves halfway up the arm. I guess they'd rather just melt the skin off their forearms.

Actually, the GIB on that Super Hornet appears to be meeting both categories of ridiculousness: sleeves rolled up AND fingers cut out of the gloves.

How's that go again...stupid is as...

-Waco

The opposite end of the spectrum is the individuals who opt to wear the gloves, but then proceed to roll their sleeves halfway up the arm.

Waco,

You can ask Bigbee about the time he tried that in front of me. :worship:

Regards,

Murph