Hasegawa 1/48th P-40N decals

I recently applied the kit decals ("Kansas City Kiddie.....") to this newly-released little beauty and I was pleased to see how great they are......opaque, apply easily, and "suck down" tightly to give that most wanted painted-on look. Glossy surface and Micro Set is all that's needed....the "hotter" Micro Sol not needed. These decals compete very well the best of the aftermarket sheets. Way to go Hasegawa.

Bails-In-Minnesota

That is good information to know. I am so often underwhelmed by many of the kit provided decals from some of the larger model factures. The last time I saw a GOOD decal sheet provided with a kit was the Revell-Monogram F-15E. Granded, I have in no way inspected every decal sheet in every model ever made, but it is good news to hear of a large model maker proving a quality sheet with a mainstream kit. :cheers:

Carbine asked about the Hasegawa P-40 builds and Walker gave some insight about a thread at HyperScale. I do believe there are some good build articles at both HyperScale and Modeling Madness that are worth the time to peek at. I have built both the E and the N and my view is that in spite of the issues of having to deal with the "split" fuselage and some inserts, when one takes a bit of time to do some "modeling", the results are very worthwhile....and the effort is not that demanding. BTW, for scribing I highly recommend using electrical tape; I find it far, far superior to anything I have used in the past. Its thin, but not too thin. Its pliable/stretchable, but not too much so. When cut in thin strips, it curves nicely around "rounded" areas.....and stays put. I bought some green color recently (its offered in a 3 or 4 colors, including traditional black) on a tip found on one of our hobby sites and I highly recommend this stuff.....it make scribing fun....almost.

Bails-In-Minnesota

Bails, thanks for your insight into both the E and N. I saw your post on H.S. yesterday after I posted my question here. I have checked out the online builds on both sites, but it's good to get opinions of others who build, other than the usual suspects. I myself use electrical tape as a scribing guide, I use masking tape (doubled and recut) and it works well too. As far as Hasegawa decals go, I have always thought their printing quality to be top notch, with the exception of their interpretation on the color white. I always use very hot water and Mr. Mark Softer and usually get good results with Has decals. I took out the decals in my E last night, and they ARE lovely......! :thumbsup: