Checker Vette...

Okay, so it isn't an aircraft.....

.....but it sure flew on Saturday!!!

This is a shot of the 441 (TFS) Squadron's mascot car. We had the CO of the Checker Squadron down for our Cadet Annual Review last Saturday. All the jets were busy with Maple Flag, so he drove the Vette down. We also used it to drive him onto the Parade.

AND YOU GUESSED IT........I GOT TO DO THE DRIVING!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Kick-*** set of wheels!!

Now to find a corvette model in 1/48 scale!!

Checkercar.JPG

Photo Link

It just doesn't get any better than 441!!!

Cheers,

Tilt

Edited by Tilt

Hey Tilt, not in 1/48 but Monogram made a nice 1/32 snap kit of that Vette. And it would look nice next to a 1/32 Academy Hornet model. :thumbsup:

Damn!! I saw that Vette last week while I was walking home from work! I did not have my camera at the time. So I checked that parking lot everyday until the day we left and never saw it again!

Chappie

Hey Tilt, not in 1/48 but Monogram made a nice 1/32 snap kit of that Vette. And it would look nice next to a 1/32 Academy Hornet model. :thumbsup:

K...now you got me thinking!!

I am building (veeeerrrrryyyyyyy sssslllloooooowwwlllllyyyy) the Checker Jet in 1/32nd scale. This one's going to be for myself.

I just may have to find that vette model somewhere and build it as well. Would make an impressive diorama.

Cheers,

Tilt

Hey Tilt, not in 1/48 but Monogram made a nice 1/32 snap kit of that Vette. And it would look nice next to a 1/32 Academy Hornet model.  :thumbsup:

K...now you got me thinking!!

I am building (veeeerrrrryyyyyyy sssslllloooooowwwlllllyyyy) the Checker Jet in 1/32nd scale. This one's going to be for myself.

I just may have to find that vette model somewhere and build it as well. Would make an impressive diorama.

Cheers,

Tilt

You are building that one, too? So this is 3 ARCers now? :worship:

Just curious who will be the first to go to the funny farm after the masking-job :worship:

István

Btw.: lovely Vette!

You are building that one, too? So this is 3 ARCers now? :worship:

Just curious who will be the first to go to the funny farm after the masking-job :worship:

István

Btw.: lovely Vette!

István,

I'm going to go to the funny farm if I don't get some time to build again!!! :thumbsup:

But yeah.....those checkers are going to test the patients.

BTW, I'm heading to Cold Lake on Wednesday. :worship:

Cheers,

Tilt

BTW, I'm heading to Cold Lake on Wednesday.  :cheers:

Take a DVD player and some movies. And be careful of the Last Calls Brawls at Legends!! BTW, Wedensday night is Wet T-shirt night at Starz....or so I'm told. :banana:

Chappie

Edited by Chappie
Just curious who will be the first to go to the funny farm after the masking-job  :beer4:

That would have been me. The guini pig of the checker scheme. AND!!!! I work in a prisons mental ward. :thumbsup: ;)

Edited by phantom

It just doesn't get any better than 441!!!

You sure about that Tilt? :rofl::beer4: ;)

BTW, all I got was a red x

Are you still flashing that PhotoShopped image around??!!! :)

We're still not even convinced that's Tilt in the image. :unsure:

:thumbsup:

Tilt

Tilt...was that photo taken outside Hanger #6 in Penhold??? Man, what a sweet ride.....glad you got to drive it!

Yup!!

Weather was not so great.....so unfortunatly we had the parade inside again this year.

Kevin......I should've known better than to try and pull one over.

I'll just suck it up and take my medicine..... :worship:

Tilt

Kevin......I should've known better than to try and pull one over.

I'll just suck it up and take my medicine..... <_<

Tilt

Yup.. Took me about five seconds to find the thread. Keyword: checker, username: Tilt, date range: any date. :cheers: