New Thunderbird pilots 2006

What great news! It's about time.

Here's a link to CNN's article about Capt. Nicole Malachowski and her joining of the Thunderbirds.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/16/woman.thu...bird/index.html

EDIT: Here is the story from AF.mil about all the pilots:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123010792

Brian

Edited by Bucky Katt
:rofl: Typical CNN style. They can't just celebrate what a wonderful landmark this is without injecting some kinda controversial angle into the story. And they wonder why they're losing in the ratings.

SimFixer- You said it brother. I used to watch CNN and Fox until OIF. My wife said she turned off CNN after the first night of the war and kept the TV on FoxNews and swore never to watch the assbags on CNN ever again.

I did the same thing while deployed. There were two places to watch the news at my base, both chow halls and the Supply K-Span. For the first couple of days of the war FoxNews was on all TVs. The big chow hall in Tent City has 8 or 10 TVs so where ever you sat you could see and hopefully hear a TV. Well on the fourth or fifth day of the war we walk in and there is CNN International on all TVs. We asked one of our higher ups why Fox was turned off. The reply? The locals did not like the Fox coverage! But this is what really set me off. In the back of the Tent City chow hall was where we dropped off our trays and there were a coupe of locals wiping the trays and taking out trash. They were allowed to watch the TV in that corner of the chow hall. What were they watching? Al Jazerra. That is no s--t.

:) :rofl: over.

Anyway. I say good for Nicole. Good luck and I can't wait to see her perform.

Chappie

Edited by Chappie

I think it is great that she made the team. I told my wife and daughter and they thought that was cool. My daughter told me she wants to watch her fly and hopes to meet her next year during the air show season.

Joel

From SimFixers article:

The Thunderbirds, an aerial demonstration team that first flew in 1953, performs in front of millions of people across the country every year. From March through November, the group is on the road more than 200 days. Its pilots are considered among the best in the world.

*sigh*