Paint help?

You might try Urban Fredrikssons colour charts on the swedish IPMS site.

Can you tell what colour it is meant to be, and for what purpose? Like, Dk Green, dutch Indies for example. and the year it was used.

This might help us to give you a hint.

Greetings, Eduard.

Sorry for being so short... I do all my internet stuff from work.. so.. well.. ..anyway..

The color is close to an aircraft light gray.. Specifically I'm doing one of my spitfires Like the U.S. Army Air Force MkVIII shown on Hasegawa kit 00723

Thanks again, Henry

Hi.

I had another look for you.

BS 381C/640 is Extra dark sea grey, /638 is Dark sea grey, /637 is Medium sea grey.

I guess 627 has to be a bit lighter yet.

/637 is FS (2)6270, is Humbrol 126 US medium grey. lighter can be Humbrol 129, US gull grey , or H 127, US ghost grey. All are satin colours in the Humbrol range.

This would make, according to the Humbrol conversion list in their leaflet, Testor 1725 for the H 126, 1728 for Humbrol 127 and Testor 1730 for the Humbrol 129.

You may go on from this, I am sorry that I have no closer references. I suppose you can allow for some freedo due to weathering or wear?

Have fun!

Greetings, Eduard.

The easiest match for Light Aircraft Grey is probably Light Ghost Grey, lightened with a bit of white. Won't be completely accurate, but it'll be a reasonable substitute. You might also be able to get away with lightening Voodoo grey, but it may be a bit too yellow.

Easier still though, if you're near a hobby shop, chances are they stock Humbrol paint, so forget trying to find a match and just pick up a bottle of Hu 166, Light Aircraft Grey.

The easiest match for Light Aircraft Grey is probably Light Ghost Grey, lightened with a bit of white. Won't be completely accurate, but it'll be a reasonable substitute. You might also be able to get away with lightening Voodoo grey, but it may be a bit too yellow.

Easier still though, if you're near a hobby shop, chances are they stock Humbrol paint, so forget trying to find a match and just pick up a bottle of Hu 166, Light Aircraft Grey.

Mike,

I thought Light Gull Gray (FS#36440) was pretty much a match for Light Aircraft Gray?

Regards,

Murph