Were Me-109s Remotley piloted?

Well I sure as heck can'r find a pilot in my 1/48 Hasegawa Me-109 box...

So do I now have to buy an 'After Market' doodah just for a little Germany pilot foe my soon to be striken aircraft?

Your thoughts here:

-Damian

Some kits just don't come with a pilot.

What I do is just buy an old airfix bomber, say the Marchetti for 10 bucks at a hardware store, and just use the people out of their box. (But that is for 1/72, not 1/48 Bf-109E's) :nanner: So either have a "spares box" made for you, or by yourself, doesn't really matter which, and use the people (pilots) that are available to you. Why do you want a pilot so much anyway? In my opinion you can see more of the cockpit that way (without the pilot).

Cops Are Tops :bobby:

Will

Usually I'd go without the pilot too, but my BoB GB entry is going to be an Me-109 getting plastered by or trying to break from a persuing Spitfire (which I have a pilot for)...oh all in-flight in case it needs to be said!

I just can't make up my mind if the aircraft is going to be breaking away from the Spitfire or getting plastered by it. If it is getting plastered by it is the pilot in the cockpit fighting the controls or jumping for his life?

Your thoughts here:

-Damian

If I remember c. the Revell Me 109 in 1/72, back in the sixties, had a box art depicting a pilot climbing out in flight of his damaged bird, this might make a beautiful subject, I don't remember if the hood was opened or jettisoned, you shure will be able to find info on how they got out. A long trail of smoke, on some Armour sites you may find info on how to create this ( I think cotton wool and paint?), the pilot stepping on the wing, the Spit or Hurricane close by to watch the proceedings....

Have fun!

Greetings,

Eduard.

TACKA TACKA TACKA....

You live Damian?? I can toss a pilot figure from a Tamiya Emil in the mail for you it...the only thing you'd have to do is sand the seat belts off the Hasegawa Emil seat..

The only other thing to worry about is would he fit...he's designed for the Tamiya pit and they do theirs allot different....got both on the table now :nanner: (too bad we ain't starting till Sept)

If I remember c. the Revell Me 109 in 1/72, back in the sixties, had a box art depicting a pilot climbing out in flight of his damaged bird, this might make a beautiful subject, I don't remember if the hood was opened or jettisoned, you shure will be able to find info on how they got out. A long trail of smoke, on some Armour sites you may find info on how to create this ( I think cotton wool and paint?), the pilot stepping on the wing, the Spit or Hurricane close by to watch the proceedings....

Have fun!

Greetings,

Eduard.

OH MAN THATS THE SCENE I've had in my head :thumbsup:

Does anybody have a pic of this box art for me??

-Damian

If I remember c. the Revell Me 109 in 1/72, back in the sixties, had a box art depicting a pilot climbing out in flight of his damaged bird, this might make a beautiful subject, I don't remember if the hood was opened or jettisoned,
I had a sixties edition until recently and the one I had didn't have the scene you described. Your scene does ring a bell though, I hope I can remember where I saw it.

Btw this is going to be my first WW2 Luftwaffe model, something I swore I would nver build due to the fact that there are so many JMN's with this subject...

-Damian