2 seater Eurofighter 'shot down' 2 F-15Es

Okay, I've read this thread through - and despite the prefectly valid arguments about rules of engagement etc. - I still think that it's turning into a "my **** is bigger than your ****" argument, again, and I think it's also turning into an anti-British tirade. "Oh the Tornado's a piece of cr*p - they got shot down like flies in the Gulf War etc, etc." I hate to say this but IIRC, they were all carrying out low-level attacks on Iraqi runways and the weapons and tactics that they were using meant that they had to fly straight and level - and they were either shot down by shoulder launched SAMs or by AAA. If I'm wrong then I stand corrected. But what I'm saying is that whatever type of aircraft flies that type of mission would have have got shot down exactly the same way. Let's face hitting an aircraft that's flying dead straight and level at 50 feet is as about as hard as peeing into an urinal - if you have half-decent reflexes and surface-to-air weapons, you just can't miss. B)

For as long as the Americans have been based in Europe, there has always been friendly rivalry between the RAF and USAF and a desire 'to get one over' between their pilots. Thats what pilots do - it's human nature, and long may it continue.

I've already said all I have to say about comparing different types of aircraft in a previous thread and my opinion hasn't changed.

Anyway, I'll get back into my hole now :P

Cheers :(

Jeff :wave:

Jeff,

If you read my post again you'll notice that I was saying the same thing you did. I wrote that the MEDIA at the time (1st Gulf War) was giving the Tornadoes a bad reputation UNFAIRLY. I was bringing to attention the fact it's no use trying analysing something seriously by reading news on the media.

I have nothing against brits. :lol:

GG

anyone know which is more accurate in 32nd....the Tamiya F-16 or Academy F-16? How about the best 72nd Tornado F3?

Since you're modeling a smoking hole in the ground, what do you care?

What is future called in your country?

Unknowable.

Edited by Slartibartfast

I assume you are refering to me. Should I believe everything I see on the internet? I don't know those guys. They could be anyone. This IS the internet you know. Why is it even an issue? Just some dudes on the Internet to me. Could be telling the truth...could be making it up. Either way, it's no skin of my nose.

Edited by DUX
I assume you are refering to me. Should I believe everything I see on the internet? I don't know those guys. They could be anyone. This IS the internet you know. Why is it even an issue? Just some dudes on the Internet to me. Could be telling the truth...could be making it up. Either way, it's no skin of my nose.

Dux,

Yeah, on the internet no one knows that I'm really a dog.

But it's a known fact (and already proven) HERE IN ARC that some people like Murph and Waco are not dogs.

GG

Edited by General Grievous

Dux,

Yeah, on the internet no one knows that I'm really a dog.

But it's a known fact (and already proven) HERE IN ARC that some people like Murph and Waco are not dogs.

GG

Ok, they're Pilots...so...just a another guy. Same as the rest of 'em to me.

Edited by DUX

Of course. But would you agree that (because of their professional background) they're in better position to discuss this matter than most of the guys?

GG

anyone know which is more accurate in 32nd....the Tamiya F-16 or Academy F-16? How about the best 72nd Tornado F3? What is future called in your country?

Ken thats not fair!!!!!

I resisted to joining in on this appalling thread despite having plenty to say so why are you trying to tempt me in with such a question???

:thumbsup:

Ken thats not fair!!!!!

I resisted to joining in on this appalling thread despite having plenty to say so why are you trying to tempt me in with such a question???

;)

It could be worse. Someone could have asked: "Who would win? An imperial star destroyer or the USS Enterprise?" :lol:

GG

Well, at least we validated one thing with this thread. You, DUX, are a troll.

In the end, I'm completely regretting ever getting involved in this thread and feeding your personal delusions. Regretably, I've played into your attempt to generate a "controversial" topic.

Mistakes were made. Blame will be assigned. Action to be taken.

It will not happen again.

-Waco

Of course. But would you agree that (because of their professional background) they're in better position to discuss this matter than most of the guys?

GG

Sure...but I don't think anyone is an absolute authority. Being Soldiers they are highly suseptable to a "Forrest for the Trees" pitfall. So should they be counted on for being a treasure trove of knowledge? Absolutley (and you will notice that once a full technical exlaination was given for the Typhoon Incident that I yeilded to that point of reasoning)

Should their opinion be taken as gossple? No. No single persons opinion should be, no matter who they may be.

WACO

I'm a troll because I don't bow down to your "FIGHTER PILOT" god-like status? Seig Heil Mein Furher. Get over yourself. I've never insulted you but you just called me a Troll. Thanks buddy.

You may not agree with what I've said but I've never done anything but state my opinion. (And I've never insulted anyone btw) I'm a troll because I consider you just as good as anyone else. No better, no worse?

I'll tell you one reason I doubted some claims to being a USAF jock...because if you are...then what are you doing here all the time. Wouldn't a real USAF guy be too busy flying hops and doing other military type stuff? But then again...it's no crime and no insult to be skeptical. At least in most peoples book.

Edited by DUX