my big bug project

Mike,

I don't understand why you are wanting some slack. That looks beautiful!

That Academy F-18 must be one of the most popular kits ever - and you guys are doing GREAT things with it.

thanks for posting - I love this stuff!

:)

frank:

many thanks. i guess i'm asking for slack 'cause I know what my skill level is... I guess this bug is coming out ok b/c I'm really taking my time and following all the other builds on here. If left to my own devices, I'm sure the outcome would be a bit different. (Plus, you can't see ALL the flaws in the pics... snicker snicker)

michael

GREAT STUFF :rolleyes:

you should have bought the aires ejecting seat, it's cheep and changes all the cockpit.

(It still be a good option ) :rolleyes:

continue to post, we are going to have very soon, some "night atack" bugs on ARC.

We are probably the last single seaters builders for a long time. :cheers:

what decal scheme are you going with???

just an OOB one, haven't decided yet, but will probably be subdued (sp?) Golden Dragons ones...

for father's day, I got the OIF special edition bug and I'll likely do the color ones on that one.

GREAT STUFF :huh:

you should have bought the aires ejecting seat, it's cheep and changes all the cockpit.

(It still be a good option ) :rolleyes:

continue to post, we are going to have very soon, some "night atack" bugs on ARC.

We are probably the last single seaters builders for a long time. :cheers:

Hi Richy:

Coming from you, that's a BIG compliment. Thanks for the aires suggestion, I'll look into it.

BTW, haven't seen any pics of YOUR big bug lately, we're seriously missing those

museum-piece-in-the-making pics!

michael

good to see some progress pix... i have 2 of those beauties in my stash and i'm waiting until i get the nerve to do them...

im building a car right now...

those babies are gonna be tough to say the least and i want to make sure i get 'em right...

mycole... those are OUTSTANDING! please keep us posted!

where did you get the eduard stuff?

i'd like to get some aftermarket stuff too.

I got the eduards stuff directly from them in czech. And they shipped it all out real quick too, took just 2 weeks or so to get from there all the way to Nashville, Tennessee! I was very pleased with their responsiveness.

Thanks a million, guys, for the kind remarks. Does wonders to the confidence level. I'll post more as the progress continues. You guys are great!

michael

can you provide contact info?

my LHS sucks about ordering stuff for me... and i havent seen it (eduard) in FSM...

thanks, mycole

TB

what decal scheme are you going with???

just an OOB one, haven't decided yet, but will probably be subdued (sp?) Golden Dragons ones...

for father's day, I got the OIF special edition bug and I'll likely do the color ones on that one.

too cool... i have both of them too...

this way i can watch YOU guys... and pick up tips there...

i am a cheater!

:cheers:

yeah, you cheater! but that's ok, I'm cheating off of richy and pig (and tilt and.....)

here's the eduards website...

http://www.eduard.cz/

I ordered directly from there, good customer service. I went crazy, spent about 100 bucks on different PE sets for the bug... seat, cockpit, weapons, other exterior bits, etc. My wife was ******.

Hey Mycole!

...'bout time I saw some pictures! WOW!! This is outstanding! really nice work so far...I wish you had showed us these earlier!

Nice stuff there mate!

Pig

a thousand thanks, master Pig! glad you approve. still striving to rise higher to your level, i've got your thread in my faves and I refer to it often. can't wait to see more. so unpack your new house quickly!!

i've taken a little break from it (gotta fix my aibrush, which I haven't had to use yet on this) and have been building several little '72nd kits for my son. they're proving to be good practice for what's ahead.

-michael

yeah, you cheater! but that's ok, I'm cheating off of richy and pig (and tilt and.....)

here's the eduards website...

http://www.eduard.cz/

I ordered directly from there, good customer service. I went crazy, spent about 100 bucks on different PE sets for the bug... seat, cockpit, weapons, other exterior bits, etc. My wife was ******.

Thanks for the OK to cheat...

some people are WAY offended if you use their techniques... kinda like some guitar playes...

but since i have the OK from you, i'll ask if i can commit them to paper for my reference library...

your struts are INCREDIBLE!

i hope mine comes out a fraction as well...

BTW, haven't seen any pics of YOUR big bug lately, we're seriously missing those

museum-piece-in-the-making pics!

after 2 weeks break ( salon du bourget ) my bug is ready for the paint job.

Some picts soon... :wave:

Howdy...

Have you got any tips on how you did the Instrument panel so well? Was it PE? I was also interested in how you did the seats so well.

Did you brush paint all of them?

Thanks,

Paul

took some pics of the wing pieces tonight... if you recall, I was quite PO'ed about the wing warp. I took someone's advice and took the blow dryer to them, but as you can see, there is still some warping...

this first shot is one wing skin cut for the fold-up option, the other isn't cut yet... you can see the warp

Edited by mycole

same pieces, uncut skin lifted for more detail (keep in mind this is AFTER holding it under hot water, hoping to bend it, and then taking the blow dryer to it... the warp was WORSE before)

Edited by mycole