A couple of shots from my collection

While unpacking yet another box that the movers had mysterisouly discovered after being at my new place for about 4 months now( :rofl::rofl: ) I found a bunch of photos that I have collected over the years from photographermates friends of mine. Sorry about the detail on some, my scanner isn't the top of the line and about 9yrs old. Any how here it goes:

EA-3B From VAQ-34 doing Aggressor ECM training against a CVBG

Edited by A6BSTARM

A section of FJ-4's belonging to the Marines. That is about it, the rest of them are too pixelated to get any decent detail from.

Edited by A6BSTARM
A forward section shot of a KA-6D of VA-55 when they were attached to CVW-13.

Of when they were new!!!! WOW; and even then, the plane looks filthy :rofl: :rofl:

Nice shots, thanks for sharing!!

Take Care

Here is one that I was able to clean up enough.

A set of F-4B's from VF-92 getting ready to take off the USS Connstellation. The wing of the aircraft at the back of the shot is a F-4B that was taxied to the side of catapult 2 and the pilot didn't put the brakes on so he actually taxied over in to the catwalk. The story as I heard it from my uncle who took the shot was that the skipper of the ship had to wait until they finished the line period and go back to Cubi for crane services at the time since it wasn't considered real safe to try and dangle a couple of guys over the side and hook up Tilly to it and try and lift it out.

Great photos! Thanks for sharing. The Phantom on the left of the photo is probably a VF-96 aircraft (1xx series), not VF-92 (2xx series). Do you have dates on any of them besides the A-3? Thanks again!

Break, break: Mario, the KA-6Ds were already old when they were "new". They were high time, high cycle A airframes considered no longer capable of performing the attack role.

Cheers,

Tom

The KA-6D was from 1984-86 timeframe

The FJ-4 in just the BuNo and Navy, has a date of 1955 on the back of it.

Both of the Marine FJ-4's were from 56-58 timeframe, looking at the orginal that I have the Squadron is VMF-451

The F-4 carrier deck was 1972

Edited by A6BSTARM

What fantastic photos. Thank you for sharing those. Does anyone know where you can buy photo prints like that (old 50's, 60's NAVY Aircraft) suitable for framing? I have many old Regulus 1, F-8, and A-7 LTV prints on the walls but would like to expand my collection.

What I did usually was do a trade with some Photograhersmates. Usually amounted to helping them install their car stero equipment since I was an Aviation Electronics Tech, the other thing I did for a few was trade away a couple "spare" pieces of flight deck gear that they couldn't get through thier supply channels. In exchange for the photos.

Some of the other places that I have found photos have been from walking through Estate sales, antique shops, and even pawn/hock shops. I have seen photos for sale on Ebay and the United States Naval Institute Webstore has place for ordering photographs and certain other USN/USMC related prints from as far back as the turn of the century.

There is also a way of ordering prints from the United States Government Printing Office or the Department of Defense, however you need to know the assigned production number of that photograph to get a copy of it from the DoD records. They keep all the shots that are taken from all thier regular photographers, combat camerapersonnel, and other government paid photographers/videographers on stock and listed. They list them by year, photographer, operation, roll, shot, and one other variable that has escaped me at the moment.

Like I said though Ebay is about as close as you can get for photos that are cheap. I have found decent 8x10's for sale on there for about USD$10-12 a print from some sellers.

Dux ebay member name is steamystuff4u has 100s of every a/c imagineable to buy at just $2 each.I bought a early F-14 shot and SR-71B all his photos are 8x10 b&w.I asked him about more F-14 he has on file wait for it 1500 shots!!!!!!!!!!!!

He asked me to narrow it down to unit

early or late

high viz or low viz

so after all my preferences still has 150 shots!!!!!!!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZstaemystuff4u

let me know what you guys think

Edited by shadowy_one
Dux ebay member name is steamystuff4u has 100s of every a/c imagineable to buy at just $2 each.I bought a early F-14 shot and SR-71B all his photos are 8x10 b&w.I asked him about more F-14 he has on file wait for it 1500 shots!!!!!!!!!!!!

He asked me to narrow it down to unit

early or late

high viz or low viz

so after all my preferences still has 150 shots!!!!!!!!!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZstaemystuff4u

let me know what you guys think

I've dealt with Kev quite a bit. He's a good seller & ships to the US pretty quickly.

Ben