A few questions regarding BUFFs in OEF and OIF. First - did BUFFs even come to the party during OIF? I don't remember hearing much about them. I know they made (many) appearances OEF with their J-DAMing the Tora Bora caves. Secondly, during any of these ops, did BUFFs carry ALCM's, or was it always with bombs, guided or unguided?

thanks for the help!

PS:

:wacko:

(I just wanted to use the new emoticon :cheers: )

can't answer your buff questions, but I can say that I'm flying to Shreveport this afternoon for business and you know what that means... play a little hookie and try to get some shots of the BUFF at Barksdale. Stay tuned, I'll try to get some good shots, maybe some A-10s too...

love the new emoticon....

michael

can't answer your buff questions, but I can say that I'm flying to Shreveport this afternoon for business and you know what that means... play a little hookie and try to get some shots of the BUFF at Barksdale. Stay tuned, I'll try to get some good shots, maybe some A-10s too...

love the new emoticon....

michael

Sweet! Hope you get some good pics!

Oh yes, BUFF did deploy for OIF. This was the first conflict where the B-52 carried the Rafael Litening II.

Chappie

Thanks Chappie! I appreciate it!

You bet the BUFFS played in OIF. And OEF too. Be sure to pick up a copy of the book "Shock & Awe, Aircraft, Nose-art and Mission marks of Operations Enduring/Iraqi Freedom" at the NATS from TwoBobs. There's tons of pics of Barksdale based B-52s with cool markings that you won't find anywhere else. I got every bird on the line. In fact, by the time I was finished they were already spraying over the markings on jets we shot earlier in the day. (Political correctness gone overboard) Bob will have over 100 copies to sell! We're expecting a large demand for these so get yours early. Otherwise they may be gone!

Cheers,

Today at Barksdale was a wash, well, almost... my flight into Shreveport was late, so I got to the base around 6:45, no one was doing any touch and goes or anything. So I went to the base entrance that leads to the 8th Air Force museum, where they have lots of static displays outside, and I saw across the way on the tarmac, two 52's w/ large art on the nose, but I don't have a good zoom lens, couldn't make out what they were... but what I also saw, for the first time in person, is an E-4B, like this one... or maybe it WAS this one, I don't know how many are in AF inventory (edit... turns out AF has 4 according to af.mil). I'll post an actual pic (that isn't all that great) when I get home tomorrow. I'm going to try to hit the base before my flight out in the afternoon. wish me luck. m

Edited by mycole