.....boy, it sure went fast, didn't it? :worship:

Folks, just a reminder to get any last minute entires in. As previously stated, you have until 11:59:59 Eastern time on June 30 to get the entries in. When the clock strikes midnight and it turns July 1, the F-14 Group Build will be over. I'll be closing down the e-mail box for the Group Build, and no entries will be accepted after that.

Just a few quick things:

First, I have a number of entries to post up to the website (at least ten or so), which I will be doing my level best to get done in the next few days. My apologies for any delay, but as some of you may have heard, my motherboard crapped out on my computer, so I'm trying to get this all done through alternate means. If July 1st rolls around and these entries are not yet posted, you'll still be in the raffle, and I will assign numbers to all entries that come in, right up to the deadline.

Second, I want to thank ALL our sponsors. Raymond Chung at Luckymodel.com, Keumho Kim at Hobbydecal, Steve Stohr at North American Hobbies, Brian Marbrey at VF-Decals, Diego at Hi-Decal, Darren Roberts at Steel Beach Resin, Oliver Warder, Liam Hourston, Ken MIddleton, and Matt Shropshire. My sincere thanks to you all for your part in making this Group Build such a huge success.

Finally, I would like to thank all of YOU for participating. Many of you have sent in multiple entries (including Andy 'The Machine' Mullen, who cranked out ELEVEN models in six months!), and I think that my goal was met......to get everybody building. While I won't have time to get one of my own models finished, it was great to see all of you taking this opportunity to build a virtual boatload of great Tomcats. And it wasn't just the quantity, it was the quality - you guys have done fantstic jobs on these models, and it was an absolute pleasure to see them all. I think it's a fitting farewell for the F-14 from the ARC community, and I can't stress how much you guys have overwhelmed me with the participation over the last six months.

In 24 hours, this forum will be moved over to Completed Group Builds, and that'll be it. If any of you wish to continue posting in this forum, please feel free to do so. I won't be updating the GB site after the final batch of entries come in, but it would be nice to see the progress on any of the models that didn't finish up in time. I will also be contacting any participants who built Jolly Rogers Tomcats, to see if you'd be interested in your articles having a permanent home at ScaleAIR. I hope that you'll allow me to host these articles in the Guest Gallery section of my site, as well as on the GB page, which I'll leave up.

Watch this forum after July 1st - I'll be drawing raffle numbers shortly, and I'll post a list of winners in the forum. Some prizes will be shipped directly by me, while others will be shipped out by the sponsors themselves. I don't know if there will be enough prizes to go around for everybody (especially since many of you have multiple raffle numbers), but I promise to be fair in the drawing of the numbers. If it makes you feel any better, I don't get to win anything, and I have to pay to ship out the prizes..... :worship:

Once again, my sincere thanks and appreciation to all of you. I hope that you've all enjoyed this Group Build as much as I have, and I'm proud to have hosted it. Let's see how many more of you can finish up in the next 24 1/2 hours...........

.........what are you waiting for? HURRY!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

Cheers,

Steve

Steve!!!

I have a question! I know you probably said this already, but I forgot...

11:59:59pm PST? or EST? or something???

could you please put it to PST... a bit fair for us west cost guys ya know?

PLEASE!!!??? :worship::worship::worship:

GAH!!!!! Roughly 6 hours left!!!.... darn, I'm stuck here at work till 5:30pm PST... Hmmm... what else to finish? finish up the canopy... attach the LG pieces... put the glove pylons together... put those little dinky annoying clear pieces and antennas on...

Hopefully, this won't be the LAST Tomcat GB ever proposed. However it is special since we did it the year the Tomcat went out of service. Thanks, Steve, for a great GB. Maybe I may actually be able to complete one next time. <_<

I think asking for another tomcat gb in the next 12 months is probably asking for a flogging. There's already a lot of other subjects lined up for a groupbuild.

2007 MAYBE.....

i agree with you totally

perhaps it could be covered up with another GB.. say... "Navy Retirees GB" or something along those lines :D

I think asking for another tomcat gb in the next 12 months is probably asking for a flogging. There's already a lot of other subjects lined up for a groupbuild.

2007 MAYBE.....

i agree with you totally

perhaps it could be covered up with another GB.. say... "Navy Retirees GB" or something along those lines :D

"Grumman Aircraft" GB maybe :D

2007 MAYBE.....

i agree with you totally

perhaps it could be covered up with another GB.. say... "Navy Retirees GB" or something along those lines :nanner:

Well, there is an F-8 Crusader & A-7 Corsair II group build coming up sometime in the future. (Plan to enter with high-vis Corsairs from CVW-8; Scimitars and Sidewinders.)

Guys-

I don't think that it would be a good idea to do this every year for a number of reasons. First, while this has been a HUGE success, it's going to be kind of hard keeping this pace up every year. Second, while I thoroughly enjoyed doing this, I haven't had a free minute in six months to even touch a model, and I really want to get back to building again. It's been a great time, and I really liked seeing all of the entries coming in, but it was admittedly a lot of work for me as well.

What I was kicking around in my head was the idea of a Jolly Rogers Group Build for late next year. However, this one (if I do it), will encompass the entire Jolly Rogers history, from the Corsair right up to the Super Hornet. Of course, this will give you a chance to build Tomcats again, but it also opens up the playing field to a wider variety of interests. Again, I'm just kicking the idea around right now - this is nothing definite.

Once again, thanks for the ride, folks! I'll get the rest of the entries sorted out in the next week or two, and then we'll start drawing prize numbers out of the hat. Hope that you all enjoyed this as much as I did. :cheers:

What I was kicking around in my head was the idea of a Jolly Rogers Group Build for late next year. However, this one (if I do it), will encompass the entire Jolly Rogers history, from the Corsair right up to the Super Hornet. Of course, this will give you a chance to build Tomcats again, but it also opens up the playing field to a wider variety of interests. Again, I'm just kicking the idea around right now - this is nothing definite.

THAT...... would be (bleep) HOT!!!!!!

I'm gonna need to take a break from Tomcats for a bit. my eyes are all squirrly

I can understand that. Again, this is just an idea that I'm kicking around at the moment, and I'm still not sure that I'm going to do it. If I decide to do it, it won't be until the end of 2006 or the beginning of 2007 at the earliest. I need a break as much as you guys do........ B) :)