I almost can't believe it....the 2005 Tomcat Group Build is finally over. Kind of hard to believe, since it seems like only yesterday that we started talking about this thing, and here it's come and gone. :nanner:

I hope that everyone had a chance to finish. Just so you know, I got a LOT of new entries today; in fact, way more than I anticipated, so here's what's left to do:

1. More than likely, I'll have to do TWO additional updates to get all of the content loaded. I was just about set to go with the next update, and I literally got pummelled today with you folks that were trying to play 'Beat the Clock'. The effort to get these entries in at the last minute absolutely astounded me!

This means that the new entries will have to be processed and added to the site, and I'll need to assign raffle numbers to the new entries as well. I promise that I'll get this done as soon as I can, although I'll need at least a week or two to finish up. I just got my computer back from the shop today, and I expect to be working a ton of hours over July 4th weekend, so bear with me a little while longer.

2. The GB e-mail address is still up, but obviously, I'm no longer accepting entries. I didn't take it down yet because I'd rather leave it up until I clear all content out of it, rather than transfer everything to my Road Runner acount. This way, I also have every entry in chronological order, and it helps me to keep track of things.

3. As soon as all content is uploaded to the website, the raflle drawing will take place. Please continue to watch this forum, even though it is now moved to Completed Group Builds, because the list of winners will be published here. If you're on the list of winners, please contact me via PM with your full name and address, and we'll get your stuff out to you.

4. As always, if you have any questions, please feel free to drop me an e-mail, PM, or give me a shout in this forum.

Once again, I'd like to give a HUGE thanks to all of our sponsors - they really pitched in, and helped to make this the biggest group build in ARC's history. Once again, they are:

Raymond Chung at Luckymodel.com, Keumho Kim at Hobbydecal, Steve Stohr at North American Hobbies, Brian Marbrey at VF-Decals, Diego at Hi-Decal, Darren Roberts at Steel Beach Resin, Oliver Warder, Liam Hourston, Ken Middleton, and Matt Shropshire.

I am indebted to you all, and you have no idea how much I appreciate everything that you've done.

And finally, there are all of you guys who participated over the last six months. Give yourselves a huge round of applause. I don't EVER think that I've seen so much enthusiasm and participation in a Group Build, and I'm not only amazed, I'm extremely proud to have taken this ride with all of you. Simply amazing...........

I hope that you have all enjoyed this Group Build as much as I have, and I'm glad that we were able to bring it to you. As I said, let me get the rest of the entries wrapped up, and then we'll draw the raffle in a week or two. Thanks again!

Steve

Once again, I'd like to give a HUG thans to all of our sponsors - they really pitched in, and helped to make this the biggest group build in ARC's history.

Hey this is true, innit????

The Biggest GB EVAR!!!!

YAY!!!

:cheers::woo::beer4: ;) B) :nanner:

I'm not good at speeches, but I must say me too I feel proud of being participating on this one, my first Group Build on which I planned on entering (not at the last minute) and I must say I'm impressed, the amount of people that are participating....

This is just GREAT!!

I LOVE ARC!!

Take CAre!!!

Edited by MaRiO FDZ

Congratulations to the participants, sponsors and Steve. I never got to finish my entry in time, but the builds are terrific.

You guys and Steve have raised the bar, and should be proud. And Steve's hard work on his site has really showcased the builds.

Cheers

Ken

Thanks for the GB steve! :cheers:

I thought the group build was susposed to get us to build what was in our stashes.

When I started I had 3 1/48 Hasegawa toms.

I traded one.

I built 4

Somehow, there are 2 in the stash. :taunt:

Remember always spay or neuter your tomcats. :lol: :)

Thanks for the ride Steve :taunt:

Thanks for the GB steve! :lol:

I thought the group build was susposed to get us to build what was in our stashes.

When I started I had 3 1/48 Hasegawa toms.

I traded one.

I built 4

Somehow,  there are 2 in the stash. :)

I started with 37 1/72 kits in the stash on 1/1/2005, built 11 for the GB, and now have 51 in the stash, and one on the bench :cheers:

Steve,

Please tell me you received my email, I had to be the last of the "Beat the Clock" entries.

Thomas

Thomas-

I got it. Believe it or now, you weren't the last one........Ming snuck under the wire at 11:59 PM! :cheers:

Steve,

Please tell me you received my email, I had to be the last of the "Beat the Clock" entries.

Thomas

Thomas-

I got it. Believe it or now, you weren't the last one........Ming snuck under the wire at 11:59 PM! :wave:

:cheers::worship: :lol: :worship:

LAST TIME... BABY!!!!

And the subject?

F-14B VF-103 FINAL TOMCAT CRUISE!!!!

WWWWOOOOTTT!!!!

Edited by raptor22

OK Folks-

The second to last update to the GB website is now up, with entries 81-100 (yes, we did break 100 entries!). I have one more update to do, which should bring the total number of entries up over 120....I really got blistered on the last day of entries, so bear with me for a week or so to get everything finished. Then we'll draw some raffle numbers, OK? :thumbsup:

More to come in the next week to 10 days..........

Gentlemen, anytime again!!! (I still have some F-14s in my stash, so when is the next F-14 GB? :thumbsup: )

I enjoyed every single second of that GB and I´m proud to be part of it! B)

István

Again, thanks for the great GB, I think we gave the old turkey a fit tribute, after all you don't see Bug's getting this sort of response. :cheers: Congradulations to all that participated.

BTW: when do you think you will draw for the raffle?

It'll be within the next two weeks. I still have 23 more entries to post up, and I've been so busy at work that I haven't had a chance to post them up yet. As soon as I can get a couple of hours to finish up the last batch of entries (which ALL came in on June 30, BTW), I'll draw the raffle. Sorry that this isn't happening quicker, but I've been at work for about 40 of the last 72 hours....it's been extremely busy around here. :cheers:

Will be interesting to see all the Jolly Rogers entries on the Scale Air guest gallery. Just how many Bones Birds did we get in this build, Steve? Also, I had quite a time with this build. There were some hairy moments though, like when my digital camera crapped out and wouldn't work unless plugged into the computer (hence why the pics of my Gunslinger 432 entry were so terrible), but it miraculously decided to start working again days before the deadline. Of my entries, only one, the Hasegawa Sundowner, was purchased specifically for the build. The others have been sitting around in various stages of assembly for a few years before the build. This was my second group build, and the biggest one I've been in yet in terms of participation and the overall size of the build itself. Just hope my next builds, the F-4 build and the upcoming A-7/F-8 build are just as fun (but hopefully not as dramatic!)

Edited by Chris_Teet