One Beautiful Bug

Guest mr. tomcat

Guest mr. tomcat

Here's a digital image passed along to me from a friend in the Navy. I believe the photographer to be a Lt. Taylor. This scheme is a retro VFA-82 scheme paying tribute to squadronmates from the USS America, Vietnam War cruise.

Cheers,

Dave

:rofl: :P :thumbsup:

That is not a beautiful Bug.

That is a beautiful Hornet......

or a beautiful Legacy Hornet......

..or a beautiful Baby Hornet..........

..it is not called the Bug.

Calling the Hornet the "Bug" is like calling the Mustang- the "Horsey". I've talked to several people who are associated with the F-18 and NOBODY calls it the BUG!

Chappie

Edited by Chappie
That is not a beutiful Bug.

That is a beautiful Hornet........

..or a beautiful Legacy Hornet......

Calling the Hornet the "Bug" is like calling the Mustang- the "Horsey". I've talked to several people who are associated with the F-18 and NOBODY calls it the BUG!

Chappie

Chappie.... I've been saying that for at least 2 years. I finally gave up. It is a nice looking scheme on that HORNET! It would look good next to my A-7E with the same markings!

Chris

Guest mr. tomcat

No one in the Stealth community refers to the F-117 as the Stink Bug and no one in the F-16 community refers to the Viper as the Lawn Dart either.

:cheers:

Edited by mr. tomcat
Chappie.... I've been saying that for at least 2 years.  I finally gave up.  It is a nice looking scheme on that HORNET!  It would look good next to my A-7E with the same markings!

Chris

Chris,

Let us not give up. Let's launch an anti-Bug and anti Super Bug campaign!! :cheers:

Chappie

By the way- Those are awseome pictures of the Corsair IIs. And the original picture of the F-18 is good too.....too bad all aircraft can't be painted like that.

Chappie

Edited by Chappie

Chappie

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Chappie you are my hero of the next 60 mins

Calling the Hornet the "Bug" is like calling the Mustang- the "Horsey".  I've talked to several people who are associated with the F-18 and NOBODY calls it the BUG!

Chappie

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Chappie you are my hero of the next 60 mins

Thanks dude. I'm glad I'm not alone in this. :cheers:

Chappie

Out of curiosity, Did people in the Tomcat community ever refer to the F-14 as "The Turkey", the A-10 "The Warthog" etc.? Or is that slang adopted by civillians? More over, does the military ever use their planes nicknames?

Edited by jotter
Out of curiosity, Did people in the Tomcat community ever refer to the F-14 as "The Turkey", the A-10 "The Warthog" etc.? Or is that slang adopted by civillians? More over, does the military ever use their planes nicknames?

Yes, in the A-10 community we do refer to it as a "warthog" however we usually refer to it as a "hog". It has been my experience that the more derisive nick names are used outside there own community. -16's are refered to as Lawn Darts in A-10 squadron and I have heard a pilot refer to a -117 as a stinkbug! I would imagine those who refer to a hornet as a "bug" are not in the F-18 community.

Just my 2 cents...

Here's a digital image passed along to me from a friend in the Navy.  I believe the photographer to be a Lt. Taylor.  This scheme is a retro VFA-82 scheme paying tribute to squadronmates from the USS America, Vietnam War cruise.

Cheers,

Dave

:cheers:  :cheers:  :thumbsup:

post-15-1120948509.jpg

It would have been neat if they could have painted the undersides of this F-18 white like the A-7.

Edited by boom175