OK, folks - here are the winners of the GB Raffle Drawing, in no particular order. Just a quick note before I announce the winners. First, many of the prizes are being shipped out by me. Unless I specify otherwise that a prize will be shipped by a sponsor, please e-mail me with your mailing address. The e-mail address that you should use for this is

prizes@scaleair.com

For those prizes that are being shipped directly by the sponsors, I'll direct you to them to arrange shipment.

Now, on to the drawing!

Prizes Being Shipped By Me - Send Me your Mailing Addresses

Note: If you have won a decal sheet and are attending the Nats this week, let me know and I'll bring the sheet with me to deliver to you.

First up, the Tamiya F-14A from Luckymodel.com

Winner: Jack Zeleznik (Shipped)

Next, three Academy 1/48 F-14A Kits from Luckymodel.com

Winners: Todd Wehrenberg (shipping address now received), Andy Mullen(Shipped), and James Eberling (Shipped)

A 1/72 Hasegawa F-14A from Luckymodel.com

Winner: Kristian Amadori(shipping in next cycle)

From Sponsor Oliver Warder (Bullet101), a 1/72 Hasegawa F-14A

Winner: Sebastijan Videc(Shipped)

From Sponsor Liam Hourston (yeehah1): Monogram 1/48 MiG-29

Winner: Ming Ho(Shipped)

From Sponsor Liam Hourston (yeehah1): 1/48 Smer Se5A

Winner: David Smigielski(shipping address now received)

From Sponsor Liam Hourston (yeehah1): 1/72 Airfix Aichi D3A1 Val

Winner: Geoff Martin(awaiting shipping address)

From Sponsor Liam Hourston (yeehah1): 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk Vb

Winner: Don Manning(shipping address now received)

From Sponsor VF-Decals: Five 1/48 VF-101 Sheets:

Winners: Shawn Weiler, Jon Catling(Shipped), Ming Ho(Shipped), Billy Calzada (awaiting shipping address), and Matt Kuhn(Shipped)

From Sponsor VF-Decals: Five 1/48 VX-9 Sheets:

Winners: Jonathan Lotton(shipping address now received), David Bey(Shipped), Trevor Teixeira(Shipped), Bryan Tighe(Shipped), and David Smigielski (shipping address now received)

From Sponsor VF-Decals: Twobobs 1/48 VF-103 Sheet:

Winner: Darren Roberts (awaiting shipping address)

From Sponsor VF-Decals: Twobobs 1/48 VF-11 Sheet:

Winner: Mike Williams(Shipped)

Prizes Being Shipped By Sponsors - Contact Sponsors for Shipping

Note: Sponsor's name in bold is their ARC screen name. You can contact the sponsors via PM or e-mail through the ARC forums to claim your prizes.

From Sponsor Matt Shropshire - 1/32 Revell F-14A Kit:

Winner: Geoff Martin

From Sponsor Sebastijan - one F-14 Keychain:

Winner: Roy McKay

From Sponsor North American Hobbies (StevenatorLTFO): One 1/48 F-14 Builders Package:

Winner: Jerry Richardson

From Sponsor Hobbydecal - One Merchandise Gift Certificate:

Winner: Shawn Weiler

From Sponsor Ken Middleton: Twobobs VF-31 Sheet

Winner: Darren Roberts

From Sponsor Hi-Decals (Diego): Choice of One 1/72 or 1/48 sheet from the Hi-Decal line

Winners: Colin Kunkel, Chuck Villanueva, Andy Mullen, Creighton Henthorn, Jr., Jack Zeleznik, Jeremy Housdan, Kevin Ushko, Scott McTavish, John Ho, and Anton Alerte

From Sponsor VF-Decals ( VF-103guy) - One Hasegawa F-14D Builder's Package

Winner: Jeremy Housdan

From Sponsor Steel Beach Accessories (Darren Roberts) - One F-14 Tail Art Plaque

Winner: Stephen T. (F14SRCOOL)

Once again, my sincerest thanks to all of you who participated - you guys absolutely blew me away with the amount of participation. I never expected 123 entries - to be honest, I would have been happy with 50, and when it started getting close to 100, I was amazed that my expectations had nearly been doubled!

Once again, my heartfelt thanks to ALL of our extremely generous sponsors. Please show them your appreciation by giving them your business - they're all great people, and the commercial sponsors are great businesspeople as well. I'd also like to sincerely thank the private sponsors for the way they stepped up to the plate - this just shows what an amazing community ARC is, and how generous everyone can be.

I think that we gave the F-14 a great send-off with a fitting tribute to the legacy of the Tomcat, and I hope that you have enjoyed this Group Build as much as I have.

Once I get back from Atlanta next week, I'll start shipping out the raffle prizes after I start receiving shipping addresses. Til then, have a great week, and hopefully, I'll see you in Atlanta.

Thanks again for the ride, fellas.....it was a real blast. :P

David-

I'm sorry about that - it was the luck of the draw, as they say. Honestly, I wish that I could send an F-14 builder's package to everyone that participated in this Group Build, but that's going to have to wait until I hit the lottery. Again, I am so proud of what we all accomplished here, and I wish there could be more prizes to go around, because in my mind, everyone who entered a model in this Group Build is a winner......and I really mean that.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade by any means, but I was under the impression a person could only win once? :huh:

Nope - that's why the amount of entries was capped at four. This gave everyone an opportunity to win up to four times.

Daniel-

I tried very hard to make this fair for everybody. I assumed that people would have the understanding that if you had four raffle numbers, you'd have four chances to win. If not, every time I drew someone's number, I'd have to go in, remove all of the rest of their raffle numbers, and then go back to draw the next one. The idea was that the more models you built, the better chances of winning.

Nowhere did I say that each person could only win once, and I thought it was clear to everyone that this is the way it would be done. This is how almost any raffle is done - you throw all the tickets in the hopper, and you pull numbers until you're out of prizes. Just like in any other raffle, sometimes people win more than one thing, and others don't win. I regret that we couldn't provide a prize for everybody, but there was a finite number of prizes available.

Hense the reason the Hornet GB had no prizes, so I would not have to put up with a raffle. Theenjoyment of the GB should be enough of a prize.

As a sponser, I wonder how many people got nothing? I will still honor my comitment, but it still leaves a bad taste.

Edited by Matt Shropshire

AHH Habu stop your :crying: ! Get over it. ITs done now were all happy! :huh: :banana::nanner:

Steve I think you did a great job running the show, thanks for doing it and congrats to all who won!

Steve you can't make everyone happy, don't even sweat it, I remember way back when this thing started people asked how many times can you win and Steve said depending on how many models you entered you get more chances but the most you could enter for a prize was 4 and that was the limit.

Thanks Steve! :lol:

Edited by Mike5401

I'll give you a little 'for instance' here:

Two weeks ago, I played in a golf tournament where they held a raffle at the end. You could buy as many raffle tickets as you want. I wound up buying $20 worth of raffle tickets and won nothing. The guy I played with bought five raffle tickets and won on four out of the five tickets. It's just the luck of the draw, and it's the way that raffles are run. They didn't go into the bin and pull the rest of the guy's other tickets just because he won, and it's never happened in any raffle that I've ever seen. Thee's no guarantee that you'll win anything - there are a finite number of prizes, and there are usually more tickets than winners.

I have done everything possible to be fair to everyone on this, but it was my show to run (especially considereing the countless hours I put into this), and I decided how the raffle was to be run....it was to be run the way every other raffle that I have ever seen was run. Don't forget, everyone had a chance to get a free Hobbydecal sheet during the group build, so there was at least one prize available to everyone. If everyone who entered took advantage of this, then everyone could have won something.

This is my final word on the topic - if the winners would contact me at the e-mail address provided above, I'll make sure you get your stuff. I've been at this now for the better part of six hours on my one night off, so I think I'll go get some sleep now.

Man,

Steve rules where very clear, and for you to sit there and complain about how Steve is running the show is a joke. He's a busy guy who is running this GB on his free time. Give him a break and chill out! :huh:

Fine so you don't want a prize, no one said you did. Seems like your the only one complaining here. Thats why it's called a "Random Raffle" if you get your name called great, if not thats the luck of the draw.

You show me what place or event that holds a Raffle that will take someone who bought say 10 tickets out of the running because he already won once! That's not gonna happen.

Dude just chill, don't hate, just go build one of those there "Lawn Darts" and your'll feel much better.

Mike

Edited by Mike5401

B) HOLY SH*T, talk about taking the wind outta the sails!! What a downer!! Look at it this way, you go to a Regional Show and buy one raffle ticket, you have one chance to win, but in order to raise more money and sell tickets they offer you a deal, 11 tickets for 10 bucks. You buy the "DEAL", your chances of winning just went up. Now when they start calling numbers, your tickets get called four times, are you supposed to refuse the prizes??? It can and has happened(I know)!! SHEEEEEEEEEEZ!!

I would like to thank LUCKYMODEL and HiDecals for the prizes that I won, and to THANK all the other SPONSERS and all the participants, you guys made me finish 2 TOMCATS in 6 months!!!

THANK YOU STEVE, you did a great job running the group build, AND you even got the drawing DONE on time!! Now mail me my PRIZES!!! :D

ok off my soapbox,

Jack aka BUGFAN

Edited by Bugfan

i dont think its all about the chance you will win something

i think what habu was trying to say is the fact that you have entered four

entries to make sure you got more CHANCE to win was a good idea, limiting it to a max of four was reasonable so no prob there. But what habu was trying to say was it was not supposed to mean you could WIN up to four prices.

theres a difference you know. In this case you have four chances to win four times, instead of four chances to win one time. Get it? theres the difference, thats what habu was trying to say to you guys, and no pun taken but i think he has a point

greetz STB :(

ps btw i realy liked this GB i have seen a lot of great builds and learned heaps on this fabulous jet. and i think this has to be GB record or something because 123 entries is a lot

I never win anything in raffles but did this time, yay! :woo:

One of the F-14 builders packages from North American Hobbies.

Thanks Steve and address is on its way via email.

This was my first GB and enjoyed it very much. Lots of nice F-14's

out there and I am honored to have my two posted with such outstanding

builders that are here on ARC. And Steve did a great job keeping this thing

going. Job well done Steve. :cheers:

Now on to the F-4 GB. ;)

:cheers:

Jerry :wave::nanner::banana:

Well it was a great group build and made me be brave enough to build something i normally would have just said maybe next time to, and put back on the shelf (F-14 prototype) and helped me build my best and favourate model to date (my VF-143 F-14B) so thanks steve for hosted it and to all those who participated and helped provide much inspiration. :cheers::wave:

Also congrats to those who won, i look forward to seeing some of them built.

I second Bullet101's words...

If you asked me 2-3 years ago, would I ever build an F-14, I'd be looking back with that stupid face that's crying out loud "Huhh? You kidding, right?"

This GB was fantastic!! :cheers:

guys, guys...

anyone who wants a prize can have my decal sheet. let's just have a beer over this ok? :cheers:

i wonder what would have happened if darren won his tail art plaque back? :thumbsup:

I would have been overjoyed. Then I wouldn't have had to cast, paint, decal, and mount 30 more tails!!!! :worship:

Sheez, I didn't win nuthin' and you don't see me whining! :woot.gif:

I'm just glad I got to join in and have a great time, especially the mad building rush trying to beat the buzzer!

Thomas

Edited by Fury

Habu,

I completely understand the logic you are trying to point out.

There are two types of logic>

1) the logic you describe as more 'fair' ...you have four tickets, your chance to win ONE price is four times higher ...in this logic, persons holding tickets(=GB entries) win

2) the logic chosen by Steve: you have four tickets, each ticket has equal chance to win the raffle prize, so you can win four times ... so in this logic, 'tickets' (each GB entry) win

But the real question is, what of these types logic of drawing the raffle prizes is more legitimate/right ... you can not say, each one has something about it ....Steve just chose #2... :thumbsup:

You are right and he is right ...that happens in real world ;)

Edited by Jan

OOOH OOOH I won something! :woot.gif:

That never happens to me.

Thanks guys and thanks to the sponsors for my raffle prize, I really enjoyed this GB, even though i only entered one build.

Mike

This was just a fantastic GB. The Tomcat is not an easy kit to build quickly (unless your Andy Mullen, WOW!) in any scale as complicated as this plane is in reality so goes the various kits out there. With the various aftermarket bits and pieces available can also slow down the process. I for one enjoyed the endeavour for I will only attempt an F-14 every 3 or 4 years or so. Love the the Tomcat and also tripled my F-14 stash along the way. The 2nd Tomcat will now slowly be finished by the end of the year. For the raffle. As Colin K remarked wow nice choice of decals from Hi-Decal I'm very satisfied. As a member of an association here in So Cal, we have a raffle at each general meeting with our members and there is no limit to how many tickets you can buy for the raffle. There are evenings when some lucky guy/gal can win more than once. As far as I know in any other raffle held by any organization I've ever participated in, there was always a chance in winning more than once.

Anyway it was great interacting with everyone, learned a lot about the Tomcat. Nice to see so many people around the world who love and admire this great airplane. Living in a generation who saw the F-14 from birth to won't say grave but let say retirement. The chance to ride in it will always be deeply engraved in my memory. You guys and gals show how one plane can bring all of us together, in unity to honor such an aircraft. A great following. With all due respect of course for our other favorites, regardless a fast jet or a WWII fighter/bomber or Helo. Thank you Steve for the opportunity.

Chuck

Fly Navy

Edited by uscusn