Speaking of Hi-Line...has anyone contacted them and gotten a response yet??? I sent an email and havent heard anything yet.

Hi Colin,

I received your message but had some troubles when sending e-mails during the last few days. Sorry for delay in response! <_<

The MiG-15 sheet will be sent to you tomorrow.

Cheers

Diego

HDL

This was just a fantastic GB. The Tomcat is not an easy kit to build quickly (unless your Andy Mullen, WOW!) in any scale as complicated as this plane is in reality so goes the various kits out there. With the various aftermarket bits and pieces available can also slow down the process. I for one enjoyed the endeavour for I will only attempt an F-14 every 3 or 4 years or so. Love the the Tomcat and also tripled my F-14 stash along the way. The 2nd Tomcat will now slowly be finished by the end of the year. For the raffle. As Colin K remarked wow nice choice of decals from Hi-Decal I'm very satisfied. As a member of an association here in So Cal, we have a raffle at each general meeting with our members and there is no limit to how many tickets you can buy for the raffle. There are evenings when some lucky guy/gal can win more than once. As far as I know in any other raffle held by any organization I've ever participated in, there was always a chance in winning more than once.

Anyway it was great interacting with everyone, learned a lot about the Tomcat. Nice to see so many people around the world who love and admire this great airplane. Living in a generation who saw the F-14 from birth to won't say grave but let say retirement. The chance to ride in it will always be deeply engraved in my memory. You guys and gals show how one plane can bring all of us together, in unity to honor such an aircraft. A great following. With all due respect of course for our other favorites, regardless a fast jet or a WWII fighter/bomber or Helo. Thank you Steve for the opportunity.

Chuck

Fly Navy

Well spoken, Chuck!

<_< :cheers:

István

WOO-HOO I WON SOMETHING! I WON SOMETHING! I WON SOMETHING! :woo::nanner::thumbsup:

To Steve and all of the people who ran this whole show, thanks for a great time! I enjoyed looking at all the in-progress shots and the completed entries...not to mention it was kinda cool to see my entry on the website ;)

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million Steve and other participants. I had a great time building with you all. I wish I had gotten my second tomcat done, but I didnt'. I was really impressed with all the participation. Great build!

:stupid::worship::stupid:

YEAH!!!!! To win on my very first GB is a dream!!!

I´d like to thank all the sponsors for their support and Steve for his gigantic effort. This has been a wonderful experience that will be repeated asap!!!

/Kristian

i agree..., the GB was most excellent...

i won some decals for a jet that i dont have!

the best parts were seeing all of the 'competition' and seeing my own work up on the www where ANYone in the whole world can see it... if they know where to look

thanks so much!

lets do it again soon!

Well, my prize arrived today. Hobby decal from Korea shipped me my stuff this morning. From Korea to Canada in 3 days!!! wow! B)

thanks Steve et all fro the GB. Liked it so much I joined the F-4 build too! :cheers:

One of my groupbuild packages arrived today!

Brian sent out the package promptly and even loaded me up with a goodie or two I wasn't expecting!

-1/48 Hase F-14D kit

-1/48 Black Box F-14D Cockpit set (threw in a pair of resin BOL rails too!)

-Twobobs 1/48 VF-31 "Last Pac" cruise decals

-VF-Decals VF-103 "Last Cruise" lithograph

-CVW-17 Fly-In CD (LOTS of cool pictures... some of those guys have hot wives!)

I really could not have asked for anything more. I want to send a HUGE thanks to Brian Marbrey and the rest of the crew at VF-Decals. They by no means had to supply a prize package like this, but they did anyway. This is my first-ever 1/48 Hasegawa kit, so let the hair-pulling commence! Thanks Brian... you and your team ROCK!

One of my groupbuild packages arrived today!

Brian sent out the package promptly and even loaded me up with a goodie or two I wasn't expecting!

-1/48 Hase F-14D kit

-1/48 Black Box F-14D Cockpit set (threw in a pair of resin BOL rails too!)

-Twobobs 1/48 VF-31 "Last Pac" cruise decals

-VF-Decals VF-103 "Last Cruise" lithograph

-CVW-17 Fly-In CD (LOTS of cool pictures... some of those guys have hot wives!)

I really could not have asked for anything more. I want to send a HUGE thanks to Brian Marbrey and the rest of the crew at VF-Decals. They by no means had to supply a prize package like this, but they did anyway. This is my first-ever 1/48 Hasegawa kit, so let the hair-pulling commence! Thanks Brian... you and your team ROCK!

It was our pleasure Jeremy.. ;)

Diego,

Got my MiG-15 decals from you today!!! What a great looking set!! I am really motivated to build the MiG-15 now. Thanks again for being a sponsor!!!!

Colin,

It was our pleasure - hope to see your MiG-15 in the near future! :D

Happy modeling!

Diego

A big thanks to Steve and Brian at VF Decals for the raffle prize.

Decals arrived on Wednesday, just not had time at the old 'puter recently.

Anyway looks like i'm going to be building more tomcats in the future, is that a bad thing?

Looking forward to the next GB. :wacko:

Bryan

• 1 month later...

Received my F-14 Builders package yesterday from Steve at NA Hobbies. Thanks

Steve for being a sponser. Package included a Hasegawa F-14A Atlantic Fleets

edition Tomcat, Aires cockpit and wheel well sets and VF Decals. Thanks too

to Steve F. for running the whole show.

Now to get my dang F-4 finished. I have hit a builders slump again!!!! :blink:

:cheers:

Jerry :woot.gif::thumbsup::cop:

(This is me yesterday after I received the package!)

Edited by k5ikl