Prometheus no, but Daedelus? Yes!!

I was a bit turned off by the SG-1 Prometheus. It's a perfectly logical way to build a space ship. But it was too unattractive to me. However, the Daedelus, what with its angled shapes, its hangar bay pods, the fact that it's a carrier, etc, has grabbed my imagination.

I wonder if somebody will make a kit of it someday.

While at the Nats, I was talking to the guy at Federation Models who said he was working on a kit of an Al'kesh for release some months from now. Apparently the main structure will be a single piece out of spun-cast resin, with details to be added to the exterior. Length of the model will be about 16-18" or so. If it makes it to release, it'd be a nice companion to the available Death Glider.

:lol:

The Daedalus is certainly a nice looking ship, no mistake. I wish it had better weapons than rail guns and missiles though!

Personally I believe it will be the garage kit manufacturers that will bring a kit out, it will just be VERY expensive!

The Atlantis team find an Ancient ship in ep9, that ought to be interesting :wacko:

:lol:

MikeJ