Any cool painting ideas

I am doing Corran Horn's from the Rogue Squadron books. JBOT printed me a set of decals. Now just need to find which box the book is buried in so I can get the rest of the scheme.

I am doing Corran Horn's from the Rogue Squadron books. JBOT printed me a set of decals. Now just need to find which box the book is buried in so I can get the rest of the scheme.

I'm busy with the Rogue Squadron books right now! :taunt: I've just started book 4 "Bacta Wars"...I'd love to do his blue detailed X-wing...*sigh* perhaps one day when I've bought enough Skyhawks...

-Damian

Howsabout a pre-WWII USN scheme with the bright yellow wings, silver doped fuselage & bright unit insignia & markings?

Or USCG with the orange sash...

Or a Israeli AF version with the desert camo and the black & yellow ID triangles...

Or a JASDF version in the new blue camo scheme...

Or an Italian version with the olive green smoke ring camo...

:cheers: Bryan

Blue Angels or Thunderbirds?

Rebel training "Aggressor" painted in greys like a TIE fighter?

WWI-style Dazzle Paint camouflage?

D-Day invasion stripes on the wings?

High-visibility orange "QX-Wing" target drone?

Bare metal finish?

(Those are just off the top of my head...)

I'd love to see one done up like Gavin Darklighter's in the novels - if I recall the entire nose was painted like a Krayt dragon with gold scales going back to the fuselage...

On the "What-If?" site, a guest had some interesting ideas. One was a USMC (AV8B-ish scheme) marked X-wing. Another was a Luftwaffe X-wing (painted like a BF-109). Both looked interesting.

Camoflage in outer space? Maybe solid black or Glossy Sea Blue like late war Hellcats or Corsairs. How about misting white paint over the above basecoats from a distance to give the look of a star field? Spatter nozzle for the Aztek airbrush might do the trick. :)

:wave: Don

I'm just about finished my Red Baron x-wing. It was originally to be the red and white one (Tycho Celchu?) from the books, but I couldn't geta good enough description. I never thought about asking Jim to do the decals. I've always wondered what a Ferris scheme or the winter camouflage scheme would look like. Perhaps a Russian blue paint job.

Edited by lonnie sweet
Frankly I've always thought the X-wing fuselage was entirely too phallic.

That brings up variant paint scheme ideas that are best left unimagined...

(Must... wash... brain...)

-cpk

Oh, c'mon. I was reading very nice ideas and even thinking about getting an X-wing. Then you post such thing. I think I'll stick to tie-fighters now.

Anyway. Mike, you could try something like these:

http://aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal4/380...izu/gal3805.htm

http://aircraftresourcecenter.com/Gal3/290...izu/gal2956.htm

They are not detailed but they attract attention.

Edited by SteelSnail