How to Build Aircraft Dioramas

It's good to see you back on ARC ... but what a surprise eh? All your images are gone! It happened to most of us ...

I've spent much of the last 3 weeks re-populating images on 6 or 7 of my threads and it's a real pain in the ... uh ... neck.

Thanx for the link to your albums ! Your dioramas, and the craftsmanship they illustrate, are incredible!

Pete

I like to take my pics in all kinds of lighting.I wanted this pic to look like moonlight on the outside and a warm glow inside.I put the dog there as if he was wondering about where his master was gone.WW1 fighter pilots often kept dogs as their closest friend.

On the leading edge of the wing and tail, you will notice the result of a flash fire due to the fabric covering.

I like to use all kinds of lighting when taking pics.This pic was taken with the hangar lights on and ambient lighting outside.The airplane has been raised to flying position while it is being rigged.The two fighter pilots are there discussing how things are going.

Maintenance crew chief instructing some of his fellow mechanics about a new engine type.I designed this diorama in such a way as to have the light shining through the cracks in the boards.Unfortunately, the museum didn't install the background lighting as it was intended to be.This is what they call a box diorama viewable from the front only and this really spoils the effect.